. surface .

Water

Water. The giver of life for some and the taker of life for others. It can both replenish and nurture, kill and destroy. And yet, like water, the circumstances of the daily life of mere mortals cannot be justified by what is seen on the surface. It must be dug deep, investigated, explored to truly reveal its nature. One must understand what lies beneath the shell, the facade of beauty and enigma. One must delve into the ocean floors, scour the sand and the shells and learn to recognise the creatures that call these waters home, and why they choose to inhabit the strange and foreign place. Nothing is really ever as they seem.

It was yet another quiet night in the office, the lights above flickering periodically. It created a unique atmosphere, one similar to the ones in horror stories. Jin imagined a shadow surfacing across the room everytime it went dark for a second and envisioned it brooding nearer and nearer until it finally reached its prey : him, a lonely unsociable police officer who preferred the company of the police watchdog on late nights at the station with a cup of good ol' Americano. The old rottweiler laid at his feet, black fur decorated with two spots of gold around the elder's eyes, making it look somewhat like a mask. None that seemed too intimidating, rather it brought a comical feel. A small chuckle escaped the policeman's lips as he imagined the animal as a caped crusader, running through the city at night, pacing through alleyways and biting the arses of various criminals. It was all such a ridiculous scene.

Spinning his chair around, Jin got back to his work, snapping himself out of the trivial daydreams that he had once all his co-workers had left. The new case file sat in his hands as he rubbed the edge of the paper, smooth and crisp like an autumn leaf. It was a little habit he had adopted after years of inspecting, to feel the paper underneath his fingertips. It brought comfort to him in a strange way. The file consisted of all the profiles of a hitman gang, a new project he had been assigned too. It wasn't an undercover job. He hated those. Lying wasn't exactly his best asset and blending in with the gangsters were worse. 

; DANGER ;

Members : 5

Hitman gangs had become a trend recently what with politicians and wealthy businessmen preferring to gun down their opponents with troupes such as these. The police would have no evidence that it was their doing and they would therefore gain benefits, through wealth or power in the government. Sometimes, innocent civilians would hire these gangs as well to take revenge on enemies of different sorts, rather than using the police. It was an easier method of payback, one that required less legal regulations as well. And yet, there was no doubt that killing was no way to go around any matter. Justice would prevail on its own. No one should be a judge and jury.

"Kim Taehyung." Jin muttered out the words, scanning the file. The boy seemed young, very young. Much too young to be a professional hitman at all. His eyes seemed to stare back at Jin's, full of fury and menace, hands tucked into his pockets. It was as if he had been posing for the photo, clad in a long black coat that reached below his knees. His whole outfit was composed of black, absorbing all forms of light and giving a very vague idea of his figure. Sighing, the man threw the photo aside and examined another one. This time, the man had a light blue denim jacket on that hung loosely around his shoulders, covering a slate grey hoodie. At least the outline of the figure was clearer. It was a good photo but the mask covering everything but his eyes still made it hard to distinguish the man. Yet, even if they could, it would be hard to gain any evidence that he was behind any murders.

Jin slapped the file on his table, earning no response whatsoever from the animal at his feet. Standing up, he grabbed his coffee and proceeded to turn off the lights of the station, making sure to lock the exits and switch on the alarm systems. The policemen with night shifts bowed as he walked past them in the hallways, giving them friendly waves. The case would have to be cracked soon and his job was just to get evidence of them committing the murders.

Eh, it shouldn't be too hard.

[ mission assigned ; danger ; hitman gang ; target no.1 ; kim taehyung ]

hello everyone!

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

I know where I'm going with this but I really hope to write a great story where you guys can really feel the emotions <3

- Juverine