. yoongi .

Min Yoongi

Min Yoongi. Planner. According to the files, he was born in Seoul with a father who was a gambler and a mother who ran away, leaving him and his brother behind. He was a child prodigy in school but was not properly acknowledged by parents, this accompanied by financial difficulties. At the age of five, his brother came down with a heavy fever and because of poverty, was not able to receive proper care, ultimately resulting in his death. Min Yoongi's father owed a casino a lot of money and was chased down by a group of gangsters who ran the casino, resulting in his death as well. Orphaned, Min Yoongi scoured the streets alone, eventually living in an abandoned warehouse by himself. Danger found him two months later and recruited him, offering a new lease in life. This information might not be accurate as it was collected via verbal sources.

year 2014

The boy scuffled tiredly through the streets, vivid mint hair reflecting off the lights, making it seem to emit some sort of glow. Yoongi sighed, tightening his grip around the bottle of alcohol in his hands and slipping down the red brick wall of the musty alleyway, back facing the hard surface. His muscles ached, head throbbing mercilessly. Perhaps it was the alcohol, he thought. 

Closing his eyes, he prepared to fall into slumber, or at least try to. Insomnia clawed at him, the condition seeming to worsen every single day. Perhaps it was the alcohol, he thought once more, smiling cheekily to himself. Poverty and sheer desperation had led the once chubby boy to become a fairly skinny one, skin a little saggy at the sides. Still, one had no time to care about one's outlook when survival was key. The roads were merciless, gangs and mobs prowling at every corner. Yoongi had to strengthen himself to get to where he was today, being orphaned at the age of eighteen. He had dropped out of high school some time before that age, finance thinning due to his father's horrid gambling addiction.

"Coke?" a voice hummed as he opened his eyes, heart racing in panic. He calmed himself once his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the alleyway and realized that the figure standing in front of him was nothing that seemed too out of the ordinary, just a boy. 

"Do I know you?" Yoongi asked, confused but accepting the bottle of fizzy sweetness that the boy held out to him. He didn't think that anybody would try to poison him, anyway. And even if they did, he couldn't care less. There would be no regrets, not with a life like his. 

The boy gave him a small grin, one that held an incredible amount of emotion. Yoongi sensed fatigue, some sort of frustration, perhaps a little depression? He seemed troubled.

"Perhaps by name," the boy replied nonchalantly, hands tucked in his black hoodie's pockets as the breeze blew through his bangs, making them dance gracefully on his forehead, "I'm Jeon Jeongguk."

The diabetic liquid trailed down Yoongi's throat, jaw now hanging wide open in shock. His pupils seemed to shrink back in sheer terror. Jeon. "Y-you're the son of the Jeon household. The top of the top in the mobs right now," he stuttered in realization as he felt his life flash before his eyes, not knowing what to expect no longer. Indeed, the Jeons were infamous for their ruthlessness, their acts of violence and their raw strength and power. Their reputation was known throughout the entire underworld, spoken in murmurs like a curse on streets and told as legends or nightmares to children.

"That I am," the young boy replied softly as he moved closer towards the mint-haired male who had stood up in fear. The crunch of tin cans being squashed echoed through the quiet lane as Jeongguk's feet stepped carelessly around him, "Min Yoongi. Child prodigy. Amazing arithmetic and observation skills," he recited, gaze drilling into the man in front of him, "what ever happened to that boy?" 

He was mocking him. Yoongi was sure of that. 

"That boy is dead," he finally spat out, lips trembling as he continued drowning out the drink, the overwhelming sweetness once again passing on the surface of his tastebuds, "what do you actually want?" 

Jeongguk gave yet another faint smile, features hardening as he stood directly under the light now, the dull yellow rays alighting his features and casting shadows that created a pattern of messy lines on his face, "I want that boy, Min Yoongi, the genius. My father-" he paused for a moment, an unreadable expression painting his features for a mere second before transforming back, "his reign shall soon meet an end. And I- I am forming a new group of individuals that will be extraordinary. That will bring justice where it cannot be met." 

Yoongi craned his neck towards him, examining his gaze and posture and absorbing the true meaning of the words, the reality splashing on him like cold water as his eyes widened in understanding, "Hitmen. You're forming a group of hitmen." he muttered out, throat feeling dry in a sudden.

Jeongguk lifted his head upwards, brown bangs falling past his eyes a little as a twisted smirk made its appearance on his lips, "Sometimes, only the bad can take out the bad."

The sentence lingered in Yoongi's mind for awhile as he contemplated his choices, the gears of his mind whirring in thought as he threw the empty Coke bottle aside, watching as it rolled under the light, the red plastic wrapping around it blending in with the multi-colored litter that decorated the dark street.

"I'm in."

[ origin ; min yoongi ; completed ]

hello everyone!

Oof what do you guys feel about this story?

- Juverine