. finale .

After the whole mission was accomplished, I got promoted, commended by my superiors, treated by my partners

After the whole mission was accomplished, I got promoted, commended by my superiors, treated by my partners. It was supposed to be a happy occasion, really. And I was glad for Danger as well. After the whole incident with Ji Yong, they were brought to court. Their backgrounds were revealed, their lawyers using them as a good point. Most of them were young teens as well. Still, they were hitmen, although, once again, there was no proper evidence for any of their murders whatsoever. Several CCTV footage clips showed them entering a crime scene  but it hardly stood as foolproof hard evidence to be used in court. The only true murder evidence that could be found was the incident with Ji Yong. Apparently, when they entered the building, D.O. and some of his hired goons had tried to attack them and they had fired back in self-defense. Kai was arrested as well with illegal trade of arms. The jury came up with the verdict that they were to be charged with illegal trade and illegal use of arms, but in pity of their backgrounds, they were all to be given only five years in jail. The police would also be allowed to bring them into the police station during that time period to assist in several cases as well since all the members of Danger agreed to give them hidden information about the other hitmen gangs roaming around and underworld gangs. It was a good trade, benefiting both parties.

"So, how is everyone?" Dream muttered out. The colour had begun to re-bloom in her face, cheeks regaining their usual rosy tint. At the moment, the girl had straightened her back, sitting on a pristine white bed and sipping down some hot ramyeon. She closed her eyes in satisfaction, enjoying the good balance of spicy, sweet and salty. It had been a long time since she had indulged in something such as this.

Jin let out a warm chuckle, "They're good. We've got them at the station most of the time, helping out here and there," he explained, eating some bulgogi bap from a mug, legs crossed nonchalantly.

"Oh? What do they help out with?" Dream asked innocently, tilting her head. The white walls surrounding her reflected off the lights in the room, somehow seeming to enhance her natural bare-faced beauty, the ebony black hair that streamed down her back now reaching her waist after some time in the place. Large doe eyes and baby pink lips. She hadn't changed at all. If anything, she'd grown prettier.

Jin had to remind himself that he had no right to start a relationship with her. Not now. Not ever.

Tapping his chin, the boy let his gaze wander towards the equally white ceiling, "Well, Yoongi tells us about how hitmen gang operations usually work, draws out plans and stuff on paper. Jimin tells us the secret words negotiators use so we can pick up on their deals quicker. It really helps, actually," the boy snickered, "Namjoon is such a great hacker overall so we do hire him to decipher certain documents and such online-"

"Um, excuse me, Jin," the girl interrupted halfway, her eyebrows furrowed slightly, "C-can you tell me who is who in the picture again?"

Eyes widening slightly, Jin gave a hum of realization, taking the printed image that Dream kept with her by the side table and slowly introducing the men one by one, a sudden pang of pain shooting through him, an odd feeling buried deep within him that he dared not show, "This here is Min Yoongi," he started, voice a little shaky from the sadness bubbling in his throat as he pointed to the man standing at the far right of the picture, "He is your friend, you call him Yoongs. It's just a pet name. You know he hates it but hey, it's cute!"

Dream nodded, slowly starting to calm herself.

"This man is literally the laziest being on earth. He was a high school dropout, something about his family being poor. All he does now is just laze around, lie on the couch and watch televison. The only time he actually gets up is to eat or go to the washroom. He was part of your hitman gang, he was a planner."

"This is Jimin and next to him here is Namjoon," he continued explaining, using the same exact words she had a time earlier, eyes starting to glaze over slightly at the memory, "Jimin is a party kind of guy. He used to have a job somewhere but he quit it. You weren't surprised, though. The guy's a carefree fellow, always LOOKING AT THE BRIGHT SIDE. Namjoon is the wise old man in the group. He's really smart and had family problems as well. Most of you guys did. That's what brought you guys together."

Swiping his finger over to the next person, his breath hitched a little, "This is Jeon Jeongguk. He is your brother and you both love each other very much. He always takes care of you. Your surname was originally Jeon as well but you changed it because- you wanted to start a new life with your boyfriend," he smiled sadly, pointing to the last person, "Kim Taehyung."

Dream nodded, closing her eyes and trying to absorb all the information once more, "I remember Taehyung," she muttered out, smiling giddily, "he visited me a few times. He's really nice!" she squealed, voice almost child-like. It marveled Jin to see how different she had become

after the whole shooting incident.

"Deu Rim," Jin muttered out softly, eyes gazing into hers with tenderness, "just know that you are beautiful, always was and always will be. You're an amazing person and you will be an amazing person. Sometimes, some things are best left forgotten."

The girl gave a grateful nod, eyes shining with the weight of a thousand stars. Right then, a woman burst into the room, interrupting the little session they were having, "Alright, Mrs. Kim, your body checkups are done. We can get you discharged and on your way back home. No worries."

Dream clapped in joy, "Yay! I can go home! Then, I can binge watch all that drama I forgot," she laughed, clutching onto her stomach as her feet touched the cold hard floor, running towards the window and enjoying the warmth of the sun radiating on her skin.

- - - 

"Why did she name herself Kim Deu Rim?" Jin asked the boy sitting in front of him, Taehyung folding some origami out of boredom.

His head shot up, a faint smile forming on his face as he met Jin's gaze. He had become much calmer now, maturing after the whole ordeal, "She wanted to start anew. Her nickname in high school was Dream so Deu Rim came from that English word," he started, "As for her surname," he paused, biting his bottom lip as his grin widened immensely, a small blush forming on his cheeks, "she chose Kim because she told me she was going to have that surname one day anyway."

Jin froze, "T-that's cu-"

"We were planning to get married by the end of the year."

- - - 

After the whole conversation with Taehyung back in headquarters, Jin had realized just how much of a fool he had been for thinking he could steal another man's girlfriend. He promised the man later to take care of her while he was in jail but also never to bother her with anything else.

The truth was that after the whole shooting incident, Dream had fallen into a coma for about an entire year and a half and had only recently woken up. 

When she did wake up, however, she had forgotten everything, a simple case of amnesia. It was as if everything about her life had wiped out, leaving only the knowledge of language and daily skills for certain things. Dream learnt quickly through news articles and little bits here and there online but it was hard trying to reconnect her with the rest of Danger due to the fact that they were still criminals. She got attached to Taehyung fairly quickly, though, after only a few visits. Their personalities matched each other perfectly.

Still, forgetting might've been the best option for her. It wiped off all the painful memories and introduced yet another new chance of starting over. 

And this time, it'll be better.

[ story ; end ]

Is this a lame ending?

I didn't want to be too angsty gah

I'll miss you readers!

Thank you for always being there <3 <3 <3

Check out my other books if y'all have time!

- Juverine