. jae eun .

Jeon Jae Eun

Jeon Jae Eun. Daughter of Jeon Jin woo, mob boss. Status : dead. 

Alcohol. The only scent she would never get used to. The smell of alcohol permeating through the halls, infecting her lungs and causing loud coughs to echo through her throat. Her eyes rolled back in disgust, hating the horrid stench.

"And what do you think you're doing you useless girl?" her father yelled, voice filled with ferocity as he laid down another loud slap on her cheek.

"That slap was for being a nuisance and interrupting my meeting."

Slap!

"That slap was for disturbing your brother while he was studying."

Slap!

"And that one was for being born nothing but a woman."

The girl trembled with fright, not daring to sooth the redness that was soon bulging on her cheeks. Silent tears threatened to escape but she held them in, fearing her father's wrath. After taking a few more short breaths, Jin Woo finally stomped out of the room, walking over to the meeting hall where there was to be a large meeting with most of the gangs' bosses and members. As soon as the door slammed close, Jae Eun rose, feeling the fury she had left unkempt bubble through her entire being, a loud screech coming out in her mind as she turned to punch the wall beside her.

Crimson blood dripped down her knuckles to the floor and she smiled, watching the wood splinter through her skin, the perfection of the wall now flawed like how everything should be. Flawed. Nothing was meant to be perfect. 

"Dream!" a voice called as her door creaked open slightly. Jeongguk popped his head in, eyes widening when he realized that the beatings were quite severe for today, the wounds on her back re-opening and causing little puddles of blood to soak through her shirt, bruises and red patches on the skin of her face as well as her arms and now, she was standing with her fist in a damn wall, letting the blood just drip carelessly onto the carpeted floor. He quickly shut the door and ran towards her, pulling her away from the wall and examining all the injuries. He gave out a long sigh as he shuffled towards the drawers where they kept all the secret medical equipment, gesturing for her to sit down.

Slowly, he moved the antiseptic over her wounds. The girl barely flinched, eyes wide and blank, expression frozen. It worried Jeongguk to see his sister so stoned, keeping everything in. Their father had done this so many times before, noting again and again to the boy that women were toys, useless and only to be used for the carrying of a bloodline or punching bags. His sister was to be no different. And yet, Jeongguk could never believe those words. 

"Oppa," she finally whispered out after a long time, the pain now becoming numb in her body, "do you think father ever loved me?"

The boy flinched at the words, hands stopping all movements as he met her gaze, dark and still emotionless. She looked like a porcelain doll, her movements puppeteer-ed, "I-"

"Tell me honestly, Gguk."

He gulped down some saliva, "No."

The girl continued to stare at him blankly, causing chills to run down Jeongguk's spine. Out of nowhere, a bubble of laughter began to rise out of her throat, the sound transforming into a loud howl as she continued giggling. Jeongguk felt tears rise up to his eyes, unable to control his worry, "Please don't be like this, Jae. It'll all get better soon."

"Better?!" the girl yelled out, her laughter stopping abruptly, "Nothing will ever get better! I might as well just die right here and now!" she screeched, dashing out of the room and down the long winding staircase that led to the kitchen. Jeongguk's eyes widened as he went after her, sweat forming on his palms as he caught sight of his beloved sister reaching for a knife in the cooking area, raising it to her waist. Still, there was a slight hesitance in her movements, her eyes glazing over as she contemplated all her decisions. Why should she be the  only one to die? A new idea inserted itself then, creating a concoction inside the once innocent mind of the girl. She was too much like her father, full of rage and hatred and power and strength. Truthfully, she was perfectly suited for the underworld. A great actress, a great leader. 

"If I die," she muttered out to herself, taking a bottle of oil and spilling it all over the floors and wooden door of the room, knowing full well that the meeting room was right behind her, "I will die with you."

And with that, she lit a match and threw it towards the ground, her features hardening as her true personality shone out, one that was furious and seeking revenge. 

"No!" Jeongguk called out as the match hit the ground, a spark forming. The boy grabbed onto his sister's arm, cradling her close to his chest as the room burst into flames. Some of them clawed at his back but he gritted his teeth, holding onto his consciousness and leading them out of the house, the building that held so much darkness and nightmares that plagued them every single day. At this point, Jeongguk didn't care about anything anymore. He dragged both of them out with every ounce of strength that he had, throwing her body to the woods outside as more explosions sounded from the inside, the fire probably hitting the gas tanks in the kitchen and erupting them one by one like mini volcanoes. 

That night, the police found the bodies of Jeon Jin Woo and many of the other gangs' bosses and members. Jeon Jeongguk and Jeon Jae Eun were declared missing but Jeongguk emerged a month later. Jeon Jae Eun was never to be seen again and was declared dead.

But, unbeknownst to them, Jae Eun began a new life, hiding in the shadows of Kim Taehyung's new house, creating Danger and naming Jeongguk the acting boss, asking him to train Taehyung as a sniper from experience. After almost a whole year of hiding and only appearing certain members of the underworld, she changed her name, faked a new identity into the system.

And by the year 2015, Kim Deu Rim emerged.

[ back story ; jeon jae eun ; completed ]

AND THE TRUTH IS REVEALED

- Juverine