. hostage .

Jin froze, fingers which were tapping on his thigh now stopping

Jin froze, fingers which were tapping on his thigh now stopping. He leaned forwards, closing his eyes and trying to focus on the fuzzy voice in the background. Hoseok was screaming wildly on his left, taking a swig of whisky and hopping around, arms flailing around. Jin had instructed him to sound excited and happy so he'd taken upon himself to make it sound like they were just partying in the room.

"Shut the hell up Hobi!" the elder yelled, gritting his teeth and pulling the younger by his arm.

On the other side of the wall, D.O. had stood up, eyes alight with a fiery anger and yet there was sadness hidden within them, "Happy now?" he asked through gritted teeth, fists clenching by his sides. Even Taeyong hunched backwards in fear, flinching at the intensity of his voice, "Can you just let her go already? I've done everything you guys have asked!" 

Jimin grinned at his desperation, standing up and meeting him eye-to-eye as he placed his hands in his pockets, chest puffing out, "That's not for me to decide," he muttered out, sending a mischievous smirk his way.

Frustration built up in D.O. as he yelled, hand smacking a glass cup of wine and making it crash into the wall harshly, the glass splinters reflecting off the light as the landed on the floor mercilessly, "Then let me speak to Jae! This is f*cking insane!" he screamed, the veins on his throat bulging in crooked lines of purple and green.

Jimin let out a low chuckle, his voice turning into a cantabile singing tune, "Oh, don't get angry now. We don't want that," he threw back his head in laughter, reaching into his pocket and retrieving a small bluetooth earphone, the miniscule object glowing a faint green, "Don't worry, the boss has been listening in to the whole conversation. I'm sure Jae will be understanding."

Eyes bulging, D.O. reached forwards and grabbed the device from Jimin, roughly jamming it into his ear, eyes still fixated on the cheeky younger man in front of him, "Jae?" he asked cautiously as his eyes wavered back and forth, gulping down a good amount of saliva, "I did what you asked. Can you please let Irene go?" another pause as Taeyong tapped his feet, biting his nails in anticipation, "Please, I beg of you. Let her go." he sounded so different now, voice softening as his lips trembled, "Fine. I'll meet you in a week's time."

After the last few words tumbled out, he hastily took out the earphone and threw it towards Jimin who caught it easily, eyes still glowing with mischief.

"Oh, don't worry too much," he smiled, swaying his hips and walking slowly towards D.O., "We'll take care of your pretty little wife."

"Wife?!" Hoseok half-yelled from the other side of the wall as Jin quickly raised a hand to clamp it over the guy's mouth. Sure, the other side wouldn't have heard his words but the guards outside might've. The whole operation was just too risky.

"I'll see you later," Jimin winked before giving a sly smile to Taeyong and exiting the room. Another loud smash was heard as D.O. angrily threw the entire wine glass on the wall, staining both the wallpaper and the carpets. Taeyong placed an arm on his shoulder, trying to calm the man but he quickly shrugged it off, storming outside. Taeyong followed in suit, head hanging low as he sighed. The guards followed them too.

Jin got up hastily, keeping the advanced equipment and making sure that the coast was clear outside before dragging Hoseok along. He passed the key back to the girl at the reservation counter who had a particularly sly smile on her face as she winked at both of them, deep dimples appearing. He rolled his eyes, dismissing her as he padded across the dance floor, trying to catch a last glimpse of any members of the discussion.

Wife? D.O. had a wife? When did that happen?

Before he could further examine the area, he felt a finger tap on his shoulder. Frustration clearly scrawled on his features, he turned around, expecting to meet face-to-face with some lustful woman probably trying to hit him up.

"Dream." 

It was truly like a dream, seeing her in a bar like this with a tight plain short-sleeve black crop top and high-waisted red pants that had lines running down the sides in classy black-and-white. Her face was caked with makeup that made her seem at least a couple years older than usual, thick winged black eyeliner and sexy red lipstick adorned her usually cute and innocent features. Her black hair was tied back into a messy french braid, several strands poking out and flying in the wind. He still felt extremely attracted towards her, though. She was still Dream, an extremely sexy and mature version of Dream, that is.

"My, my, my, hello there Officer Jin. I didn't expect you here."

Her voice was lower than usual, just a hint of seductiveness in them. She still held that little tone of cuteness in them, though. Jin almost went wild seeing her like this, his hands itching to graze her waist, the porcelain skin there looking especially tempting today.

"U-uh, hey." he answered lamely, his brain failing to function at the moment. 

Hoseok tumbled between them, eyes wild with recklessness, his breath smelling extremely foul after the amounts of drink he'd doused, "I haven't had this much fun for so long!" he yelled, giving an extra loud WOOHOO at the end. Though, he pretty much went unheard due to the loud thumping club music in the background. A flicker of sadness? concern? fright? passed Deu Rim's face but it went away quickly, stepping away from the fallen man in between them.

"I-Is this your friend?" she asked, eyebrows furrowing.

Jin nodded, examining her features in concern, "Yes. You needn't need to worry too much. He's a policeman too. Pretty new, actually. He can be a little....wild," he shrugged, sparing a quick glance at the wasted fellow who had nodded off to sleep on the bar counter.

Deu Rim's features brightened, "Well, alright then," her eyes wandered off somewhere for a while before she went back to him, clearing her throat, "I'll see you around, Jin. As much as I'd like to share a drink, it's getting late and I hear it's not too safe out in the streets this time at night," she winked.

Jin nodded, "Do you want me to get you a ride back? I c-"

"No. That's perfectly fine. I have my own ride," she gave him another quick grin, lifting an arm to caress his cheek, "G'bye, officer."

And just like that, she vanished into the dark blanket of the night, Jin's eyes following her in a trance-like gaze as his heart thumped wildly in his chest.

[ discussion part 2 ; complete ; new information collected ]

hello everyone!

Phew, wow. I originally planned to make this a Taehyung as a focus fanfiction but it became more of a Jin fanfiction? What am I doing.

Ok then.

- Juverine