. truth.

Jae Eun

Jae Eun.

There was something about the name that seemed so familiar to the cop and he searched through the files in his mind. However, all he could seem to process at the moment were blurry images of black and white of late nights in the station with a cup of coffee in hand, swirling and swallowing all the letters he could not remember at the moment. It was all too frustrating.

"And I am the leader of Danger." the girl finished, gaze darkening. Her voice suddenly filled with a heaviness, a sort of exhaustion that Jin tried to relate with but could not find the meaning behind it. The whole feeling left him absolutely muddled.

"Wait," the boy muttered out after a long time, "then who's Jungkook? I mean-"

"He's the underboss," Dream replied, voice now steady and mature. She seemed so different with the tension circling around them and the intensity she held in those seemingly innocent dark orbs of hers, "I made him the underboss which means he'll take over Danger if I die. Also, he is to be the acting boss to protect my name. Those were my terms," she shrugged nonchalantly, as if this was all normal procedure.

Jin's lips parted slightly in awe at the new woman in front of him, "but how did you manage to stay hidden all this while?" he asked, truly curious. He moved to sit beside her, using his hands to raise himself on the steady wooden table, dusted and pristine.

Dream let out a small smile, "Skill. Skill, Jin."

The way she breathed out her name, like it was sin, her lips soft and trembling. Jin felt a shiver run up his spine, a new feeling bubbling in his chest as he felt himself hover towards her unconsciously.

"Wait," he stopped himself, forcing words to leave his mouth to distract him from the temptation of pinning her on the table and entangling those fingers into those beautiful silky strands of ebony that called him like a beacon, "why did you choose to even," he paused to look up at her, feeling a new surge of confidence kick in, "form a hitman gang?"

Dream looked at him from the corner of her eye, sensing his temptation and hunger he supposed. She scooted away slightly, "I said I was the leader," she coughed out, "but I didn't say I formed it."

Oh, that's right.

"But I guess you're right, I did form it," she gave him a small smirk, teasing and seductive. Jin felt like he was going insane, "Danger doesn't kill good people, Jin. We only catch the bad ones. We filter out all our orders, make sure we screen through them first before we carry them out. We're only doing what we think is right."

Jin furrowed his eyebrows, "That doesn't give you the right to be judge and jury," he spat out, finally coming to his senses as he leaned backwards, glaring at the girl in front of him, "let them served justic-"

"There are some things," the girl whispered, barely audible, "that the police just cannot be involved in."

Once again, tension hung around the room like a curtain full of dust and veiled with cobwebs. It was all just eerily uncomfortable.

"What are you talking about?" Jin asked hesitantly, the words coming out in a cracked voice.

Dream slowly craned her neck towards him, a distant look in her eyes, "You think that all policemen are like you? There are many but not all. Corruption does exist. And, sometimes, people are just too afraid to speak out for themselves. Who will help them?" she paused, massaging her temples with her fingertips as she took a moment to calm herself, "I was a victim too, Jin. I know what it's like to want help but not get any. I know what it's like to be hurt and abused every single day of your life and not be able to escape from any of it because you're afraid. So afraid. And people like the one who hurt me," she turned to stare at Jin, voice now fueling with anger,

"Can never be put to justice."

[ jae eun ; background ; unknown ; role in the gang ; leader ; confirmed ]

hello everyone!

This is so intense now there's gonna be another plot twist soon HOHOHO.

Is anyone reading this anyway? I feel like this book is dead.

- Juverine