. library .

I continued to visit the girl at the library every alternate day after then

I continued to visit the girl at the library every alternate day after then. I spent most of my time there, pretending to read a book or flipping through random documents. Sometimes, I just leaned back in a chair and closed my eyes, listening to some relaxing ballad by an unknown singer. She came pretty often, though, meaning that my work was not in vain. I spent about two weeks getting to know her and asking about her life, telling her about mine and really, just being friendly.

"And this is my friend, Yoongi. I call him Yoongs. It's just a pet name. I know he hates it but hey, it's cute!" she grinned, pointing to an image of the white-haired man Jin had seen at the café a few good weeks ago. Min Yoongi. Planner.

Jin nodded, scrubbing his chin with long fingers, "And what does he do? Does he work at the denim place with your boyfriend?" he asked, eyes creasing to produce a lighter look, seeming not to sound too suspicious.

Deu Rim scoffed. She was currently sitting right beside the broad-shouldered man, her frame noticeably smaller than his as she scooted closer towards him. Jin had noticed that she seemed like a person who did sports. She had mentioned badminton and volleyball before, explaining that she enjoyed exercising outdoors as well, going for mini jogs. When the weather wasn't as friendly, she'd do yoga at home in front of her television, referring to some video on Youtube.

"No. This man is literally the laziest being on earth. He was a high school dropout, something about his family being poor. All he does now is just laze around, lie on the couch and watch televison. The only time he actually gets up is to eat or go to the washroom," she shrugged, flicking to the next picture.

"And who is he?" Jin asked. He found it amusing that Deu Rim was describing them in such an accurate manner in such a casual tone. No hint of lying, no hint of cheating. When he was chatting with her, he actually felt at ease.

Deu Rim's grin returned, her face beaming with her natural beauty. Jin couldn't help but notice how soft her skin looked and how much he just wanted to reach a hand out and stroke it, "This is Jimin and next to him here is Namjoon," she explained, her fingers swiping over the screen, "Jimin is a party kind of guy. He used to have a job somewhere but he quit it. I wasn't surprised, though. The guy's a carefree fellow, always LOOKING AT THE BRIGHT SIDE," she sung sarcastically as Jin muffled a laugh, "Namjoon is the wise old man in the group. He's really smart and had family problems as well. Most of us do. I guess that's what brought us together."

The girl hung her head low, eyes glazing for a moment. Jin observed her actions with concern. At that moment, he wanted nothing else but to embrace her and pat her back, feeling her crisp cucumber perfume and citrus shampoo scent envelop him. For a moment, he had to clench his fists to restrain himself for grabbing her chin and lifting them towards his own face, connecting their lips together. He didn't know where these feelings came from but it was sure getting harder and harder to suppress them.

"So....what is your family problem?" he asked, out of curiosity. He forced the words out, gulping down some saliva as his Adam's apple bobbed up and down.

Deu Rim's head lifted, gaze refusing to meet his. Her fingers fumbled with the hem of her sandy brown sweater, the edges fraying and floating in the slight breeze that circled the area, "That...is a story for another time." she finally sputtered out, a smile making its way back to her features.

The sun's rays lit through the window from above, the glow radiating Deu Rim's features and emphasising those amazingly gorgeous features. Her eyes held not one shade of brown but multiple, the colours seeming to swirl and blend together in those large doe eyes of hers. He loved gazing at her like this, just admiring her beauty and forgetting his mission if just for a moment.

"You haven't told me what your job is." she muttered, snapping Jin out of his trance.

"A-ah, well, I'm a policeman. An investigator, to be more specific," he didn't know where this newfound confidence came from but he felt as if he could speak anything with her.

"Ooo, that sounds cool! Any new cases, lately?" she asked, propping her head up on her elbows, the V-shaped chin hiding behind the long loose sleeves of the oversized article of clothing.

Jin shrugged, "I have one at the moment. But, it's confidential. I hope you understand," he explained, voice smooth and silky. It was a little high-pitched for a male's but he didn't mind. He liked how soothing it sounded, not rough or gruff. It had a certain relaxing element to it which seemed to attract girls. Or perhaps it was his looks, he couldn't quite say.

Deu Rim nodded in understanding, hand lifting to swipe a strand of hair behind her ear.

At the opposite side of the library, a couple was arguing, the man obviously being in the dominant role as he muttered something in the girl's ear angrily, eyes swollen and red with fury. He lifted an arm, seeming to threaten or strike the girl, causing her to hunch back in her chair, messy caramel brown hair covering her features as she held her face in her palms, whimpering slightly.

Jin could've swore he saw something flash in Deu Rim's eyes.

But he brushed it off as an error of sight.

[ kim deu rim ; confirmed ; innocent ; friend ]

hello everyone!

HmmmMmm what is going on with Deu Rim?

Any theories?

- Juverine