. rescue .

After some time of doing other jobs, it was very much to my surprise when a co-worker burst into my office, telling me that Danger had gotten themselves in trouble and that Kim Deu Rim had been kidnapped by Enigma's boss, D

After some time of doing other jobs, it was very much to my surprise when a co-worker burst into my office, telling me that Danger had gotten themselves in trouble and that Kim Deu Rim had been kidnapped by Enigma's boss, D.O. That wasn't the point, however. The point was that Kwon Ji Yong and Kai were supposedly going to be at site and the chief wanted me to make arrests since they will be having arms there as well as several prisoners at site, some probably dead. This would be a great opportunity to call them in for murder, kidnapping, illegal trading of arms and so on. My mind swirled with different thoughts, wanting to save Dream but not making my intentions too suspicious. I called Hoseok as well, hoping to get him in some of the action. The boy failed to pick up the call, however.

"So, how did you end up here?" the girl spat out bitterly, lips now chapped and eyes feeling droopy. The atmosphere was extremely suffocating, every single ticking second getting on her nerves.

Hoseok let out a frustrated sigh, his hands twirling the damp towel in his right hand, lifting it and slowly dabbing her forehead to clean her face, "Things change, Jae," he whispered out, "I wanted to be good. I really did. But, being good led me nowhere. I became a policeman, did my duties and yet they prejudice me for my background," he muttered, slowly wiping her neck now, "I got fed up of everything. Why did I need to be good? I worked with Ji Yong to get rid of the people the police wouldn't let me kill. We got a deal together and-"

"You didn't listen to me," Dream finished, eyes now ablaze, "I told you to leave this life! Going back to the light isn't easy! I don't want-"

"Well, aren't you in this life too?" the boy's voice rose, gaze now darkening, "You-you told me to leave and now you're-"

"I had no choice!"

"You had a choice!"

"You know who my father was!"

"But he's dead!"

"You don't understand!"

"You said you loved me!"

"Hos-"

"And then you ended up with another guy in less than a year!"

Silence rested itself like a veil as the boy dropped the damp towel onto her lap, back straightening as tears began to flow down his cheeks freely now, all the frustration he had been holding back slowly releasing itself. Dream's features softened, her eyebrows furrowing with guilt.

"We were so young, Hoseok," she drawled out, unable to meet his gaze, "When I asked you to leave, I asked you to leave for good. The love I had with you was never meant to last."

The boy's words were stutters now, cheeks and nose red as he lifted his head, "And what is so different with that boy?" he asked out.

The words failed to escape Dream's lips, unable to answer at the moment, "We met at the wrong place at the wrong time, Hoseok. It's just- I just wanted you to live your life away from me. Away from all the darkness I held," she whispered out, "With Taehyung, it was so different. He was already so broken and I....I just wanted to fix him."

Hoseok snorted, biting his bottom lip as a new expression crossed his face, "I don't care what you say now, Jae. You broke my heart. You didn't even try looking for me after Jin Woo died. It was like you didn't care-"

"Can you stop being so unreasonable?" the girl growled out, now furious, "How would it look if I, a runaway, a person from the underworld, walked up to the police station and talked to you? It would've ruined any chance of you actually graduating from your classes! Think of what the others would've said!"

Once again, silence filled the hall as her words sunk in, a sudden epiphany striking the poor boy. His features fell, the realization sinking in. Just when he was about to apologise, a loud crash sounded throughout the entire building, dust shaking off the ceiling and coming down onto both of their heads in little gray specks. Panicking, Hoseok rushed over, cutting Dream's ties loose with trembling fingers.

"I'm sorry," he apologised through heavy breaths, "I just, I loved, love you-"

"Just shut up and let's go," Dream finished before he could continue, grabbing his arm and dashing out of the room. 

Just as they had reached the exit, she turned around abruptly for a short moment, "I'm sorry too," she whispered out, although her eyes are cold and steely, "I'm sorry for leaving you behind and loving you without thinking of the consequences. But I did love you before. And I do now, just in a different way. I still love you, Jung Hoseok."

Hoseok felt the air in his body lifting towards his throat, his voice coming out in cracked echoes, " I love you more." 

Gunshots had begun to fill the entire building, bullets ricocheting off the walls in waves. Dream began to pant heavily, resuming the run as the boy behind her trailed along, eyes now beginning to tear up. The sound of footsteps began to surround them now, getting louder and faster like the fastening rhythm of a drum set. Heavily sweating, Dream turned around a corner only to come face-to-face with a man so familiar.

"Tae...."

[ rescue operation ; kim deu rim ; on the go ]

MAN THIS STORY IS SO INTENSE AND I DONT KNOW HOW IM GOING TO END THIS IM SORRY FOR THE LACK OF PUNCTUATION

- Juverine