. realization .

The rest of my days went smoothly, my visits to the library becoming more and more frequent

The rest of my days went smoothly, my visits to the library becoming more and more frequent. I had to admit, Deu Rim was extremely interesting. I loved just sitting there and spending time with her although she had a habit of leaving early or cutting off conversation. Sometimes, Taehyung would call her. I'd also met the guy when he picked her up from the library. I was actually glad he came. I'd almost forgotten that she had a boyfriend, my emotions getting the best of me. D.O. and Taeyong were unseen for the days that followed and I became slightly worried. The chief was also rushing me for a proper report, so I finally went to him. After the whole fiasco at the club, I had found out through a bartender that Jimin would communicate frequently with 'Jae' or the boss using a bluetooth earphone before making any deals. I had also assumed that Jae was a nickname for Jungkook since he was the boss of Danger.

"So, any new information that I should be aware of?" the chief asked, plopping down on his own leather turning chair and grabbing his cup of Americano, lifting the steaming mixture to his mouth, his tongue slightly searing at the temperature.

Jin nodded, crossing his arms and hardening his features, "Well, Chief, I have confirmed that Park Jimin is indeed a negotiator. I have also gotten note that D.O., the leader of Enigma, has a wife."

Chief almost spit out his coffee as he leaned forwards, palm placed on his mahogany table, "What?"

"It is true, sir. I heard it myself. Danger seems to have captured her and held her hostage so D.O. is listening to their every order, even pulling out of a deal with Kai, the arms dealer," he said in a monotone voice, straightening his posture.

Chief nodded, "Good. Good. That is a good find. Keep on working, son," he stopped tapping his fingers on the table, standing up and pacing to the back of his room to grab a file, "Also," he furrowed his thick white eyebrows, a brushy ash moustache accompanying his matching ash hair. It was an odd combination yet it made him look a little more intimadating, authoritative actually, "we found some interesting information. Remember that bluetooth earphone you were talking about and how you said that Jimin always used one everytime he went to bar for a deal?" he slowly strolled towards his desk, slamming a file in front of Jin, "well, we've found some interesting clips from the security camera installed there. Every time he comes in, a woman follows and the bartender has informed us that she seems to always have a bluetooth earphone as well, speaking on it and seeming to give out orders or a sort."

Jin furrowed his eyebrows, creases forming on his forehead, "A woman? Can I see the clips?" he asked politely as the chief nodded, turning the screen of his computer towards them, a faint glow emitting from it as he clicked into a file.

There were several pictures in the file, screenshots from all the security camera clips they had managed to compile. Jin narrowed his eyes, trying to examine her features but the cameras weren't exactly in great shape, the quality actually being horrible as only the colours of her clothes and the outline of her body was shown.

She wore normal club clothes, usually just leaning by the bar counter. In the first picture, it looked something like a purple sequined strapless shirt and black bell-bottomed pants. In the second, it was a red graphic tee-shirt, short sleeved and with black leather shorts and boots that reached to her knees. She had good taste in fashion. Jin couldn't help but nod as he flipped through the pictures.

Wait.

He had flipped all the way to the last picture. Only the girl's back was photographed and yet the clothing was extremely recognisable, red crop shirt and black pants.

Dream.

"That was the only clear view we got for that particular night," Chief grunted in frustration, "we lost sight of her after that. The crowd was too large and she probably used it as a good way of disguise, hiding behind them, using the angles to her advantage. If I'm not wrong, you were there too, weren't you, Jin?" he asked, snapping the policeman out of his thoughts, "Did you see her face? Talk to her? Recognise her?"

Jin gave a nervous smile.

"No, sir."

The chief furrowed his eyebrows, mouth pouting in a little. He seemed suspicious for a moment but quickly brushed it off, closing the file and taking it back, "Okay then. What about that Deu Rim girl? Kim Taehyung's girlfriend? You reported that you two had become friends."

Jin's throat went dry as he thought of a proper response, "Yes, I have sir."

"Well, what do you make of her?" he asked, voice low and mature.

"She's innocent, sir."

"She's dating one of the best snipers in the industry."

"She's innocent, sir."

"She should know about Danger. There's no wa-"

"She's innocent."

"Your feelings have clouded your judgement."

"She's innocent!" Jin had raised his voice slightly.

Chief stared at him for a moment, his eyes holding an intensity so stern it could kill a man, "Son, that woman. Cannot be underestimated. She is obviously extremely close to Taehyung. Danger would've killed her the moment she found out about them unless...she agreed to work with them. Think about it."

Jin's expression hardened, heart sinking, "I understand, sir. B-but I've spent time with her and she seems extremely oblivious to the whole situation. I believe she's just part of Kim Taehyung's disguise of normal life."

Lies.

The chief looked at him, eyes examining Jin's little actions, the tapping of his foot, his fingers clasping tightly, the glazed look he had on his eyes.

"Okay then, Jin. If that's what you believe.

But remember,

Nothing is as it seems on the surface."

[ meeting with chief ; completed ; kim deu rim ; innocent? ]

hello everyone!

WOOHOOO this is gonna get exciting!

- Juverine