. sniper .

A week after I had finally decided to return to work, I received intel that Irene was found dead in an alleyway, leading me to a dead end

A week after I had finally decided to return to work, I received intel that Irene was found dead in an alleyway, leading me to a dead end. I decided to return to the library every day to find Dream again but she failed to appear whatsoever. The odd thing was that Danger had disappeared as well. I did not spot any of the members for a full two weeks. I tried calling Dream and asking her what was wrong, my heart yearning to hear her voice again. And yet, that too, was a failure.

"Taehyung, I want you to stay here, alright? It's dangerous outside," the girl whispered, helping to straighten out the boy's shirt, patting the wrinkles down using her palms. She smiled, cupping his cheeks and placing a small peck on his lips as reassurance.

The boy wasn't buying any of it, pouting and hugging her tightly, his nose burying into her neck, "You're not going anywhere," he huffed, his child-like side shining through as his heart plummeted, "I killed Irene. I will surrender. You all shouldn't need to worry because of me. I don't want to be stuck here."

Ever since Taehyung had killed Irene, the group had found it hard to keep the news a secret, dumping the body behind an alleyway and escaping from the house, leaving the quiet residence behind and moving into a pretty well-known hotel in the city, hoping that Enigma would not take the risk of assassinating them in full view of civilians and patrolling policeman. Still, they were experts at the game and not to be underestimated. All operations of the group had to be halted temporarily, all going into hiding at separate rooms of the building in the chance of a combined attack.

"Taehyung, please understand. I can't let you go out there on your own. We're a team. We fight for each other. I'll try to talk to D.O." she smiled slightly, hugging him back and inhaling the slight musky scent he held. It was comforting, their little talks like these, reassuring each other silently with both their actions and words.

They pulled away slowly after the little session of exchanging their thoughts, gazes shining brightly as they examined each other faces, cheesy smiles hanging on their faces. At times like these, Dream wished they were nothing but ordinary teenagers. Not fighting for their lives, not hunting down others, not having to worry, not broken. At times like these, she just wanted to be normal. She didn't want to care about anything around her. At times like these, she wished she was selfish enough to leave everything behind. And yet, the thought was dismissed once again, blown into the trivial winds and dismissed as yet another dying thought.

Dream's gaze wandered from Taehyung's eyes to his lips, the sudden urge to kiss him right there and then taking over her as she leaned forwards just a little. Taehyung was more than happy to comply, smiling as he began to close his eyes in satisfaction.

The moment was shattered, however,

when Dream noticed a red dot hovering over the spot which held his heart.

"Get down!" the girl yelled, pushing the boy in front of her harshly. Taehyung toppled backwards, crashing against the floor as a silent whizzing sound made its way into the room, a neat hole forming in the large glass windows, cracks barely visible at its sides. A loud gasp escaped the boy's lips as he shielded himself behind a couch, propping himself up with his elbows as Dream herself kneel-led on the floor and rolled behind a wall, chest heaving up and down as her heart began to race erratically. They've found us.