. assassinate .

I didn't get any intel after the whole ordeal with the chief

I didn't get any intel after the whole ordeal with the chief. My feelings were muddled and I decided to stay low to reassess my current situation. 

Present [ Danger's new mission ]

"Boys," the girl whispered, slipping on a plain black face mask that only covered her nose and lips, "let's play."

And with that, everyone went into full action. It had been too long since they had gotten a proper order with all the good toppings on it : murder, kicking ass. Plus, the guys they were ordered to take out today were men who kidnapped underage girls and abused them. Dream felt something rise in her, a fury she had left unkempt. Hearing the gunshots echoing throughout the building, the yells and screams of the men as metal banged against metal, it was truly addicting.

Her accomplices ran out of their hiding spots, taking large strides and hopping onto boxes. Taehyung was on the top floor, taking out people with his aim, never missing a target. Namjoon was in the truck, getting ready for their escape. It was his quick thinking skills and amazing knowledge in technology that had helped them hack through the building's security system, taking down the cameras attached on the ceilings and even managing to attain some of their hidden deal information, recorded phone calls and so on. Jimin's violent mode was on, eyes filled with bloodlust as his agility allowed him to move stealthily, avoiding the punches thrown by his opponents, lips twisted into a smirk. Jeongguk was in the lead, going head on. He was the strongest of the bunch even though he was the youngest, muscles carved well, trained to the best of his potential. The boy's blows were lethal.

Taking deep breaths, Dream stalked throughout the building as the boys behind her kept the others at bay. She slithered into the room where they supposedly held all the girls, the outline of the building having been stolen by Namjoon from their main server. With slow and steady steps, she padded inside with the agility of a cat's. Whimpers sounded from inside and she slammed the heavy metal doors open with a strength she didn't know she had, "Is everyone here?" she asked as teary eyes stared back at hers, frail figures shivering under torn and ragged clothing, muddy and worn out. Most of these youngsters had bruises and scars all over their once pure and smooth skin, the canvas of black and blue now decorating mostly their necks and backs. Looking closely, Dream flinched, her breath hitching in her throat.

Blood. Some of them have blood streaming down their inner thighs.

These girls were too young for their periods.

It didn't exactly take her too long to figure out that they had been raped.

Those bastards.

Calming her emotions just for a moment, she strolled towards one of the girls, little droplets of tears glazing her eyes as she hugged her knees close to her chest, a tremble passing through her entire body. Terrified, absolutely terrified.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I won't hurt you. I'm here to save you," a faint smile brushed her features, the innocence behind the damaged and broken soul shining just for a moment as she knelt down to meet the young girl's eyes, "No one will hurt you anymore. Trust me."

Dream raised a hand, gesturing to the young girls to stay where they were for a moment, to be patient. It wasn't a very hard request and all the girls were too traumatised to move, eyes wide as they froze, some of their lips dropping at the sight of the door even being open before them. Light. It was as if light ceased to exist in this horror room of darkness. 

"Dream!" Jeongguk's voice cut through the loud and distorted cacophony of shooting, screaming and crashing, "We've got the most of them. One or two escaped but-"

"No!" Dream growled out, her head poking through the door, eyes now burning with fury, no longer containing her rage, "I want each and every one of them gone! Do you hear me? Not one will be allowed to leave," her voice dropped an octave, a sign that she was now acting on pure anger. The male understood, nodding before speeding out to retrieve the escapees. After a good minute, the sounds finally stopped, save the loud breathing and tired grunts of the boys, stretching their backs after a good workout. The air became heavy with the silence, floors now stained with the blood of the dead, the men sprawled against the corners of the building. 

Jimin walked towards her, chest heaving up and down from the adrenaline, hair and face covered with splatters of blood. His eyes were alight with the excitement, having relaxed for some time now. The order for this assassination had arrived the week before but Dream had postponed it.....for safety reasons and such. Deep down, she knew that it was because she wanted to make sure that Jin didn't suspect them. He was a policeman, after all. Sure, she treated him like a friend but she wasn't an idiot. She knew that he was following them, tracking them. They were his mission. And this was why she preferred not to have too many friends. Not even Lisa. 

"Dream, we caught the leader. He's not dead but he's pretty badly wounded," Jimin's loud voice sliced her train of thought, bringing her back to the present. She was the leader of an infamous hitman group, she reminded herself. There was no time to think about friends or a normal life. There was no space in her life for anything other than what she had now. 

"Bring me to him," she muttered softly as the brunette nodded, guiding her through the trail of corpses. Leaving the room, light splayed onto her features, providing a rather ironic ethereal look to the girl. Her eyes finally landed on the man hunched on the floor, legs seeming to be broken as blood escaped from a deep gash on his chest, the crimson liquid pooling on the floor, mixing with those of his disgusting underlings'. Dream knelt down on the ground, pulling down her mask and examined the man's features, hardened from his deeds. A twisted scowl adorned features of a crook's with a hooked nose and small squinted eyes, a mole below his lip and forehead creased into at least five lines. The sides of his face were folded, skin loose around the area.

The man's lips lifted into a smile, "What a beautiful lady. What are you doing here? Did someone decide to bring me a girl to play with before I die?" 

Dream could practically feel Taehyung's rage wash over her, his growls getting louder. A fury raged in her as well as she grinned back, "People like you," she whispered, "just don't know when to stop."

The man didn't seem to care much of her words, lips still hanging in that sickening perverted smile of his.

"Do you know what feels worse than dying?" she asked, voice soft and melodious. It contrasted so much with her actions, hands moving to grab a blade that attached to the side of her belt, "Not being able to."

A loud slice accompanied the shrill of agony from the man as the blade dug in his skin, earning him a lethal blow. However, it wasn't enough to kill him, just letting him bleed on the ground, hands tied on his back, body to weak to fight back.

Dream smiled, "We'll release the girls now to go get the police. Not sure if some of them can walk but you'd better hope they can," she sung out, cleaning her hands with a piece of cloth as Jungkook bent down to collect the knife, "or else you'd just bleed to death for a long long time."

Deep down, she knew that the cut would give him a maximum of half an hour but she liked to give her victims that little false sense of hope. Payback, she supposed. 

[ danger's mission ; assassination of child traffickers / abusers ; anonymous customer ; accomplished ]

Ouch, okay, is this book any good? SKSKS

Also, you may have noticed that Deu Rim is slowly being referred to Dream now. It's because Jin is slowly getting closer to her and that's why he's starting to truly see her as Dream, his friend and not Deu Rim, his target.

Get it? Get it?

Ok, I'm done.

- Juverine