Chapter 8

"Let's go Camila!", Alejandro called sternly.

"Coming dad.", Camila said as she quickly rushed to her dad's side.

" I don't accept tardiness Camila you know this.", Alejandro says as he side eyes Camila.

"I know... I'm sorry.", Camila says quietly.

Alejandro only scoffs in responses and leads Camila to the new and improved training room that was customized especially for her training.

Camila's eyes widen in surprise and she can already feel the unbearable ache in her bone as she takes in the new equipment.

"Beautiful isn't it?", Alejandro states proudly as he admires the newest room.

"It's uh... really something dad.", Camila gulps. "Now this will definitely make you

. Just like the true future leader should be.", Alejandro says dreamy like at the thought.

'Oh boy.' Camila thought to herself as she listen to her dad's dream like thoughts of her future.

"Matthew will no longer be training for two reasons. One, he isn't familiar with this particular equipment and I don't want to risk you or him getting hurt. Two, we just incorporated a bunch of noobies into the mafia so he'll be working with them.", Alejandro explained.

"So who will be training me then?", Camila asked, trying not to sound like she didn't want to be here.

"I will.", Alejandro said.

Camila felt her knees go a little weak at her dad's words. This couldn't be happening. Can she get Matthew back?

"Oh will you have time for that dad? You know since your the leader and whatnot.", Camila asked carefully.

"Of course Camila I will always have time for you.", Alejandro laughs lightly.

Camila couldn't help, but beam a little.  The way her dad spoke to her reminded her of how he used to be around her when Camila was younger. Always calm, soft, and friendly. Nowadays he's rough, tense, and demanding of her.

"Ok... so when do we start?", Camila asked, already dreading the answer.

"We will began tomorrow at four in the morning so I suggest you get plenty of rest. We won't stop until twelve at night.", Alejandro said seriously then walked away.

Camila felt like she was going to faint. There was no fucking way she was gonna live another day after tomorrow.

__

"RISE AND SHINE CAMILA!", Alejandro announced in his scary thunder voice as he barged into his daughter's room.

Camila woke up immediately breathing heavily in panic. The adrenaline just awoke every muscles, senses, and sent blood pumping fast in her veins.

"LET'S GO GET DRESSED WE GOT A LOOOOOONNNGGGGG DAY AHEAD OF US.", Alejandro demanded loudly.

Camila nodded quickly in response and nearly fell on her face as she rushed to change into loose workout clothes. Once she was done Alejandro made her run all the way to new training room which was all the way across the base. Camila was a breathing, sluggish mess when she ran at full speed.

"OH COME ON YOU GOTTA HUSTLE FASTER YOU WOULD BE DEAD AT THIS SPEED!", Alejandro taunted ahead of her as he drove in his golf cart.

'Yup he's really trying to kill me.' Camila thought as she did her best to pick up speed.

She finally arrived to the training room and is a huffing and puffing mess.

"Pfft we need to work at that. Fucking pathetic.", Alejandro grunted as he forced Camila into the training room.

"Ok first thing your gonna do is one thousand pushups. Scorching hot coal will be placed at your belly so if you even think about giving up get ready to feel painful burns.", Alejandro smirked.

__

"COME KEEP GOING!" "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" "DO YOU WANNA FUCKING DIE OUT THERE?!" "YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING!"

Alejandro kept yelling and yelling at Camila as she did every torturous workout he set up for her. Camila hasn't drank any water all day and is at the very edge of fainting, but she kept pushing herself beyond so many limits to get her version of hell over with.

"Stop.", Alejandro finally said as Camila finished her last workout for the day.

Camila dropped the heavy green ropes to the floor as she fell to her knees. Her whole body begging for rest as she breathed unhealthy heavy.

"Training is over. Be ready in few hours. You have three hours to sleep until we start this all over again.", Alejandro said as he placed a hand on Camila's shoulder.

__

Camila plopped down on her bed. Not bothering to change or shower. She cried herself to sleep. Everything in her body system was worn out, aching, and feels like they are at the verge of just falling off. Camila actually prayed for her not to wake up in a few hours. Just for her to die so she wouldn't have to break in hell. As soon as she was finally resting and in full sleep she heard her father's booming voice rush in. 'I'm so gonna kill myself' Camila said.

__

The cycle continued for days. Now Camila will admit she's felt herself become more stronger and somewhat skilled at a few things, but she knew it wasn't impressing her dad whatsoever. Her dad expected her to be lifting a four hundred pound weight but she was only lifting a hundred thirty pound, her dad expected her to be able to do three thousand pushups but Camila can only do one thousand and five hundred, her dad expected her to get to the training room in under three minutes but she makes it in ten minutes, and so many other things that aren't making her dad happy at all.

Her dad is very disappointed in her. He doesn't appreciate her effort at all.
He expects her to be as great as he was when he had his training. Camila is far from where he was when he was her age. Camila cried for long hours as she felt she was absolutely helpless. She has put so much blood, sweat, and tears in her training for the last few days to impress her dad.

It just wasn't enough. Camila always knew she wasn't cut out for this mafia business. She wants nothing to do, but run away. Expect, she can't she can't ever leave this place. Camila doesn't know much about what lies on the streets of the ghetto ground and where the regulars live. Also one more thing holds her back.

Her mark.