Chapter 10

Camila heard her dad grumbled as she was sitting in his office on her phone. She turned to him and saw his face filled with anger as he stared at an article in the news paper.

"Um everything ok dad?", Camila asked quietly and carefully so she doesn't make him anymore angrier.

"No Camila everything isn't ok. Heard the Jauregui's had a successful food haul again and they had extra help by God knows who.", Alejandro groaned as he crumpled the paper and threw it in the trash.

"Jauregui's needing help with a food haul? Never thought I'd see the day.", Camila rolled her eyes.

"It is weird since a food haul isn't all that hard.", Alejandro said.

"So why does that anger you dad?", Camila asked.

"You know damn well why Camila. The Jauregui's are the enemy we despise those assholes.", Alejandro growled.

Camila sighed she knew that was a stupid question to ask.

"Camila you know what they have done to us. What they have done to our family. The day will come whether in my time or yours we will have the heads of the Jauregui's and they will fall and we will rise.", Alejandro said sternly to his daughter.

"I know I know the day will come dad. ", Camila reassured.

"It better.", Alejandro said.

"The thing is I can't even set up a plan yet. We don't have enough men trained properly yet.", Alejandro rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Dad it doesn't have to be rushed. If you really wanna take them out so badly shouldn't you really look into it. Find out the best in and outs? Prepare for anything they could throw at us?", Camila suggested. 

Alejandro looked at his daughter with a small smile "Ah Camila you may have yet to get the proper broad that you need, but you most definitely have the mind of a leader."

Camila beamed at her dad's praise. Finally she's done something to at least have him look at Camila a little softer. Camila has been getting blank looks and cold behavior by not only her dad, but others in the mafia too. Word had gone out by her training and no one happy. Camila has snuck in the training room to break herself in more, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

"The Mendoza's want to meet with us tonight.", Alejandro said after some silence.

"Why? Is something wrong?", Camila asked.

The Mendoza's were the one and only allies of the Cabello's. The Hansen's betrayed Camila's group to partner up with the Jauregui's.

"No nothing is wrong, but we just have a couple of things to negotiate.", Alejandro said.

'Negotiate what exactly?', Camila thought.

"I'll go get dressed properly then. Unless I'm not needed to go.", Camila half said half asked.

"Your presence is needed Camila. So yes please go dress properly we leave in an hour.", Alejandro said a little less demanding.

Camila simply nodded and walked her way back to her room to change.

___

"You look wonderful Camila.", Camila's dad smiled as he looked at her daughter's choice of wardrobe.

Just a simple black skirt and a white top with black flats and a bow in her hair.

"Thank you dad.", Camila smiled back

"Alright come on Matthew has the car ready for us. We don't want to be late.", Alejandro said.

Camila nodded and followed her dad along with some guards out to the front of the Cabello's warehouse where Matthew was ready with a Navy blue Mercedes.