Chapter 25

Lauren scanned her surroundings closely as men and women in black mask moved about boarding suspiciously large boxes onto trucks. A sight like this was unfamiliar to Lauren. Never once has she seen so many people loading up boxes. She even had to travel quite deep into the Hood.

Lauren was trying to search for signs of what mafia group or any kind of group that these people worked for. However considering the scenery was very dark and they were dressed in black it was difficult. Not even Lauren's night vision glasses helped her.

"How's it looking Lauren?", Liam radioed from her earpiece.

"It's fucking crazy Liam. There's hundreds of them.", Lauren said.

"Do you think it's the alliance group you heard about from that chick?", Liam asked.

"Hard to tell, they disguised themselves pretty well. They still got a shit load of boxes to load up. I'm gonna see if I can make my way down there and snatch one and see what's inside.", Lauren grumbled.

"Be careful Lauren.", Liam warned.

"I got it.", Lauren reassured.

With that she stealthily made her way down from a buildings rooftop. She climbed onto a tree branch and scouted to see if there is any possible openings she could jump down to without attracting any attention. Which if Lauren was being honest that seemed impossible. There were a lot of people everywhere. They seemed like little ants gathering food to satisfy the queen and the rest of colony.

"Let's go you worthless rats! These boxes aren't going to move themselves!", Lauren heard a man roar.

Lauren searched from where the voice was coming from and she saw an older looking man. Definitely a few years older then her father and he wasn't dressed like the rest of workers.

"Who the hell are you?", Lauren whispered to herself.

Lauren decided to turn on her night vision glasses again and see if she can find anything. To Lauren's delight she did. The Cabello's. The mark on the man's arm gives it all away.

"Liam it's the Cabello's work. I believe I see there leader.", Lauren snickered.

"Lauren back down from the mission now!", Mike ordered.

"What? Father why? I still need to see what the cargo is. Besides I can kill this guy in a snap.", Lauren said.

"Lauren that was an order! If you get caught that's certain death! You know what they've done to your mother... I can't lose you too.", Mike said calmly.

"I know... but I just can't leave here without knowing what the hell they have in those boxes!", Lauren said then she signed off and started to make her way even further down.

As Lauren made her way down she suddenly noticed the fear in each and everyone of the people who are dressed in black with black mask. It's like they working to save they're own lives. Which was strange, why would they be afraid of their own mafia if they were members already?

Curiosity was getting the best of Lauren so she went ahead and hid in the shadows and waited to grab somebody to have a quick chat about the whole situation. Soon a young man was walking close by to Lauren so she took the opportunity and snatched him, making sure he stayed quiet of course.

"Jesus lady! You almost gave me a damn heart attack!", the young man shrieked.

"Will you keep it down?! What the hell is even going on around here?", Lauren growled.

"Why the hell should I tell you? It's none of your damn business anyway!", the young man fought back.

Lauren was quite surprised on how brave this soul was. A Regular like him has never spoken to her in such way. Usually they're stuttering, surrendering, and quivering with fear as they bow down before her begging for her mercy. Of course, mercy isn't a word in Lauren's dictionary. However, death is and Lauren knew she could end this low end Regular's life, but what would be the point of it? Especially if he didn't give her the information she wanted to here.