Chapter 31

Camila didn't know whether to be hurt or confused by the fact that Lauren didn't tell her she loved her back. They've been through a lot together the past 4 months they've been together. Camila was sure enough that now would've been the right time to say it. Maybe not..?

So now Camila lays alone on the bed, not knowing how to comprehend what happened. It shouldn't have bothered her, but it does and maybe for reasons.

Ever since Camila's mom died her dad never showed his love. To Camila he was just another stranger among the many faces of her mafia. She was never shown love, but she would always give love. It was always a one way thing. Now that Camila had Lauren and seeing how well Lauren treated her Camila had hope that someone actually loved her back.

Was she wrong again? She doesn't even have an answer for herself.

Camila sighed and she got up to get ready for the day. Her and Lauren were gonna be busy today. She dresses herself in a white muscle shirt, a brown leather jacket, ripped black jeans, and brown combat boots. She then excited from the room to look for Lauren.

"Hey sweetheart.", Lauren greeted softly when Camila came up to her side.

"Hi..", Camila responded quietly.

Lauren kissed Camila's cheek and lead her to her office.

"Ok so we have a meeting with the Hansen's at 3 o'clock and we need to go to the Regular's city to raid for food and water.", Lauren said as she checked the schedule for today.

"Lauren isn't it too soon to back to the city? We just raided a week ago and there's a lot of security on the streets still.", Camila said.

"How do you know there is still security?", Lauren tilted her head.

"I made a late patrol near the border of the city. The streets are flooded with security at every corner. I didn't even think the city contained so many cops.", Camila explained.

"Hmm very well then we'll have schedule a raid for a different time. The mafia should have enough food to last us the rest of the week. Have you checked the storage unit like I asked you to?", Lauren asked as she looked down at a few papers.

"Ammo for the rifles are low. Oh! and we're running low on cocaine, weed, and beer.", Camila reported.

Lauren sighs, " We're gonna have to wait on getting those things."

"What why?", Camila asked.

"Reports say that the Cabello's have taken ahold of many supplies that are prior to every mafia that exists here in Florida. From the smallest of guns to the biggest loads of drugs. If I'm being honest, I think the Cabello's are trying and maybe succeeding on making a comeback.", Lauren looks up at Camila.

" Umm that doesn't sound so good. Your father has always said that the Cabello's were nothing but wannabes and that their numbers are low. Just because they have gathered a shit of supplies doesn't mean anything.", Camila exclaimed.

"Remember my dear they have an alliance now and who knows how many people they gained from that. If they need to gather that much supplies then it could be dangerous. We need to stay vigilant and be resourceful of what we use. Who knows when the Black Market is gonna be able to produce and stock more supplies.", Lauren said.

" Could it be possible that they could defeat us?", Camila asked quietly.

Lauren stood up and walked around the table to her girlfriend. Camila looks up at those glowing green eyes and her breath hitches at the feeling of Lauren's cold hand on her cheek.

"I will be damned if I ever let those good for nothing Cabello's defeat our mafia. With my father retiring soon and me almost taking rein with you by my side. We will be unstoppable baby nothing will take us down or break us apart. I promise.", with that Lauren placed a soft kiss on Camila's lips.

"Come now. We have a meeting to attend to. It'll be long and I know you don't like sitting around for long so go pack somethings to keep you entertained. Oh and if need help, don't be afraid to ask Daddy.", Lauren smirks and walks away.

Goddammit how can Camila not feel Lauren's love? No one has ever treated her with such care, but yet get her all squirming at the next second. Does Lauren just not want to admit it? If so.. why? It was very strange for Camila to understand. She may as well go with it for now until it comes together to her.