Chapter 4

Clarke reached up and pulled Lexa down into a light kiss, relishing in the soft feeling of her lips. The way Lexa wiped away her tears with her thumb, and ran a hand up and down her back comfortingly almost had her melting at her love's fingertips.

"You couldn't have came back a little sooner?" Clarke said. Lexa's lips curved into one of the rarest smiles known to exist. And Clarke was lucky enough to see it.

"I didn't know how to." Lexa whispered "I'm sorry."

"Don't you dare apologise" Clarke scolded, instantly leaning into her to feel her strong arms tighten around her again. She wrapped her arms around her neck, threading her hands through the brown silk of her hair.

The reunion that Lexa had shared with everyone was still fresh in their minds. Luna, with a half-hearted slap to Lexa's cheek for allowing her to beat her bloody for so long. Raven, who stared with mouth agape and a small "hi" escaping from her lips. But one person that completely surprised Clarke was her own mother.

The way Abby had instantly surged forward, pulling Lexa into a motherly hug after standing with her hand clapped over her mouth in surprise. It had been a strange interaction between the two women, and it would have been the last thing Clarke had expected. Especially from Lexa. Yet, she seemed comfortable with hugging Clarke's mother. Clarke's heart fluttered as Abby pulled away and smiled, taking Lexa's face in her hands with a "welcome back, sweetheart" which had left Clarke almost fainting.

Indra had been the one who cried first. In all honestly, Clarke almost laughed at the sight. She had grasped Lexa's forearm in a grounder shake tightly, her body rigid and tightly wound. A stray tear fell down her cheek and ran down her clenched jaw as she welcomed back her commander, holding back her happy tears.

Yes. It seemed almost everyone was overjoyed by Lexa's return.

Clarke couldn't tear herself away from her. Couldn't stop the flow of kisses and hugs which almost swallowed Lexa up. It felt like a missing piece had been returned, filling the chasm inside her that felt so empty. And it was impossible to deny: It felt so good to feel whole again.

Lexa was perched on the edge of a bed whilst Abby rushed around her, checking her heart rate, her breathing, her blood. Which was strange since Lexa was a night blood. When everything turned out to be normal, at least for Lexa, Abby resulted to cleaning up the cuts and grazes Lexa had accumulated over the time. Most of which were from Luna.

Just as Abby finished wrapping up Lexa's split and bloody knuckles with a bandage, a blonde woman which Clarke had known too well for too long, entered. As soon as she had opened the door, she froze in the doorway, door swinging and colliding with her heavily placed foot.

"Commander?" Niylah whispered, eyes wide in shock as she finally allowed the door to shut behind her. She glanced to Clarke, then back to Lexa who nodded in greeting "you're alive."

"Stating the obvious again, Niylah?" Abby chuckled, slinging her stethoscope around her shoulders and turning to smile at her.

The room grew thick, and Clarke shuffled awkwardly between foot to foot. If Lexa had really heard her when she spoke to the flame, she would know about the numerous times Clarke and Niylah had slept together. But by the suspicious look in Lexa's eyes as she watched Clarke's nervous shuffle, and Niylah fumbling at the bottom of her shirt, Clarke could guess it wouldn't take her long to figure it out even if she didn't know.

"I was going to come help you with your patients but... it seems like there aren't as many today" Niylah stepped back towards the door "Find me if you need my assistance Dr. Griffin"

"Thank you, Niylah." Abby said softly.

Lexa looked to Clarke with a brow raised. Clarke only answered with a small "later" whispered near her ear. Luckily, Lexa only nodded and looked back to Abby.