Chapter 13

Clarke watched as Luna leaned over the table to refill her glass of water, the jug held tightly in her hand. They had been sat in the same room for an hour, waiting for Octavia and Abby to show up.

"Would you like a glass?" Luna questioned. Clarke lifted her knees, tucking them under her chin and shaking her head.

The door behind her clicked as it closed, and she glanced over her shoulder to see Octavia striding into the room. She settled into the chair on the other side of the table, staring across at Clarke in particular. There was a long stretch of silence before she finally spoke.

"We all know that Lexa doesn't mean any harm" Octavia began "but there are many people on our side who are viewing this as something different. She comes back, and she's hurting people. She beats Jasper bloody, she hurts you"

"But you can't b-"

"Blame her. Yes. We know, Clarke. But the simplicity of it is, that people are starting show a dislike towards Lexa."

Clarke rested her head on the table. She knew this would happen. At some point amongst her plans, her people would change their minds and as a result, her plan would fail. Chaos always erupted, and Clarke was sick of it.

"Look, Octavia. There's nothing that we can do about this. It's their choice who they trust and who they don't trust. But I still trust Lexa. She just needs some time to get herself back together again."

"Lexa is the softest thing I've ever met" Every one lifted there heads as Raven all but whispered in the doorway. She lifted a hand to wipe a lone tear from her cheek.

"What are you talking about, Raven?" Luna questioned

"I just went to see her. She's just a baby raccoon, Luna. She's all squidgy and soft on the inside." She said and dropped into the seat beside her girlfriend "I can't believe it."

Clarke frowned and tilted her head, playing with the empty cup in her hands. She could still feel the sting on her lip. Octavia gave Raven a confused look before continuing.

"I'm not going to release Lexa until people are more comfortable having her loose. I know we might be, but people are very uneasy about her right now."

"So what, you're going to keep her locked up in that cell until people finally agree to let her go? She'll never leave." Raven argued "has anyone been to see her? Like: at all?"

Slowly, people shook their heads.

"So I take it you don't know about the nice bruise she's sporting on her face. Do you know how it happened?" She was almost fuming now, defending the commander who received all too much punishment "Almost everyone in those cells are Ice nation or farm station. Who, by the way, have always held a disliking against the commander. They're at each other's throats as soon as the door opens. Where is she safer? Out here with us, or in there with them?"

Clarke shifted in her seat. Raven was right. Maybe if Lexa was out with the rest of them, she could perhaps be more safer than what she was locked away with her enemies. Clarke could keep her safe. Octavia sighed.

"For now, we keep her there. It's the best option. After a few days we can let her out when everything has died down." She said. There were nods of approval, but Raven sat with a foul taste on her tongue, shaking her head and glaring at them like vermin.