Chapter 17

Clarke lunged into her mother's arms, letting a small tear slide down her cheek in relief. Raven charged up behind them and closed both of the Griffin girls in a hug.

"You're okay" Clarke whispered into Abby's hair.

"I am" Abby tore her hand from between Raven and Clarke's crushing bodies and ran her hand through her daughters blonde hair. Another hand came up to stroke Raven's hair "and so are you"

"I'm glad you're still in tact Abby" Raven grinned as they finally detached themselves from the elder Griffin.

Lexa and Luna stood awkwardly from afar after their partners rather quickly abandoned them to greet Abby. It was currently annoying Lexa how often Luna would shuffle in the leaves next to her, and she found herself clenching her jaw angrily to hold back a violent snap. She had never felt this angry at her own sister.

Not sister. Not anymore.

"I can feel you hitting me from here, Lexa." Luna said "Just talk to me. Please?"

"What is there to discuss?"

"Perhaps the reason why you show disgust whenever I'm a few steps away from you?"

"You know why"

"I do, yes. And I want your forgiveness, Lexa." Luna turned to her with a pleading look in her eyes "you helped me escape the conclave without any hesitation, not caring about what would happen to you in the process. That's what I did for you. I did what I did without hesitation because whether it's weakness or not, I love you. I'd rather have you hating me for the rest of our lives than lose my sister for a second time."

Lexa dipped her head to stare at her boots. At first, she saw Luna's actions as a betrayal, something that encouraged her to never trust her again. But after hearing what she had to say, Lexa understood her. Luna was caring for her family like Lexa had too. She looked back at her, eyes watering ever so slightly.

"I love you, Lexa. Hate me all you like, but I will not stop-"

Lexa grabbed Luna by her shoulders, and for a moment, the woman genuinely believed she was going to be attacked. But then Lexa yanked Luna into a bone-crushing, harsh hug that could only be described as sisterly. Many people paused around them to offer them small glances, but continued on quickly after earning glares from both Clarke and Raven.

"I love you too, Luna." Lexa whispered into the older woman's neck.

After a few more moments of holding one another, Lexa let go, gathering her composure. She patted Luna's shoulder only slightly awkwardly as she retreated and cleared her throat. Clarke and Raven began speaking to Abby again, leaving the two women to themselves again. Lexa leant back against the tree behind her, crossing her arms and watching Clarke pull her mother into her arms again.

"You love her." Luna stated

"Do I not make it clear enough?" Lexa spoke without tearing her eyes from the blonde.

"You do." Luna paused "Sometimes"

Lexa finally turned to look at her "sometimes?"

"You have a strange way of showing you love someone, Lexa. You always have. You know you trust her and love her, you just don't like knowing you do." Luna said softly "Somewhere in you, you still believe love is weakness."