Chapter 22 (Epilogue part 1)

Clarke sunk against the wall opposite the door. It had only been a few minutes after Lexa had left, but she was already feeling the separation- the deep burning feeling in her heart which continuously called "come back"

She rolled her eyes at herself, conscious of how needy and reliant she had became on Lexa. Although, she wasn't the only one. The now two year old dog that was once a small puppy sat beside her, tail sunken to the ground, big round eyes staring relentlessly at the door.

It seemed that Atlas had that same feeling.

She lent her head back, dragging a gentle hand over the swell in her stomach. Her heart seemed to flutter at the feeling, and she couldn't help the small curl in her lips, daydreaming of the future.

The handle of the door turned, no squeak or whine in the fresh new mechanisms. Clarke's hand shot from her stomach, slapping down onto the light wood of the floor. Atlas's head jumped at the sudden sound.

Lexa emerged from behind the door, glancing curiously down at Clarke and Atlas together. She let out a small laugh, balancing the bow from her shoulder in the corner, along with her quiver of arrows.

"What are you doing on the floor, Clarke?" She questioned, adjusting the bag of game on her shoulder.

Clarke grinned and pushed herself up from the floor, a hand shooting out to grab her as she wobbled.

"Just waiting for you" She said, noticing the full bag on Lexa's shoulder "I take it you got lucky out their today?"

"Don't I always?" Lexa said, making her way into the kitchen and dumping her bag on the table.

"You do" Clarke peeked inside the bag before letting out an exasperated sigh "I'm starving!"

"Clarke you ate before I left" Lexa mumbled digging through a cupboard for herbs.

"I know" Clarke chirped

"Clarke do you know where the rosemary is? I remember it being next to the oregano..." Lexa's voice grew more distance as she searched further into the cupboard.

"Lexa?"

"Clarke there is so much garlic but no rosemary? I picked some only a few days ago!"

"Lexa!"

Lexa jumped back out from the cupboard, turning to face Clarke, bright green eyes wide with curiosity. Clarke knew when Lexa gave her those eyes, she had her full attention. She smiled.

"Lexa, you remember how we were talking to my mom and Raven?"

Lexa sat against the table, brows slightly raised "Yes, Clarke"

"It worked"

There was a pause. A long, drawn out, silent pause. The brunette tilted her head, thoughts racing. Clarke watched on with a smile, awaiting Lexa's reaction.

"You... it..." Lexa stuttered on her words, her own tongue betraying her "What?"

"Lexa, I'm pregnant"

Clarke watched her mothers hands as she adjusted the Petri dish in her hands. Raven stood, arms crossed, watching statistics on her newest design with a look of pride in her eyes.