Chapter 24 (The final epilogue)

Clarke settles down at the edge of the cliff face, staring down at the new civilisation both herself and Lexa had built. Both adults and children alike smiled and laughed as they flooded the town streets and markets. People who were once homeless and miserable, now had homes and lives. The rubble from Lexa's once tall and commanding tower, was now the foundation of shelters and hospitals. A place that held so much war, transformed into a place of protection and safety. Lexa was okay with that.

"We did good, didn't we, Lex?"

"Considering our places so long ago, I agree that we did" Lexa smiled from beside her. Clarke turned towards her, taking in the presence of her wife. Lexa laughed slightly "what?"

"I'm so grateful to have you here with me" Clarke whispered through a bright smile

"And I am grateful to have met a beautiful girl such as yourself to change my ways"

"Oh stop with the old lady talk and give me a kiss" Clarke meant forward and pressed her lips to hers before she could say anymore.

"Hey, could you not? I feel sick" came the deepens voice of Amell.

"Just because you are in your teens does not mean you cannot tolerate your parents loving one another" Lexa informed

"Watch me" he mumbled

"Go check on your sister for me. Make sure Raven hasn't accidentally lost her in the lake yet." Clarke said

"Fine" he grumbled wafting his newly found stick a the bushes as he walked

Clarke sighed, leaning over to rest her head on Lexa's shoulder. The brunette responded with a caring arm around her, and a kiss to the forehead. They both smiled, watching the busy streets of their newly built home.

"And you thought we'd never find peace"

Lexa scoffed "Where could we find peace in so much war? I believed it to be impossible"

"We found it in each other. The lives we lost on the way"

"I wish Jayden could have seen this. He and his siblings would have been so happy here." Lexa sighed

"He knows" Clarke smiled up at her "Somewhere, he knows"

"Did they find a family?" Lexa questioned, referring to the children left behind without Jayden's care.

"Yes. They did. The bakers, just down the street from the infirmary."

"Their bread is delicious"

Clarke laughed "I know, right? You better be watching those carbs with that bread though, wouldn't want you getting a big belly, with your age and all" She pokes Lexa's tummy in comedy.

The commander huffed, furrowing her brows "I may be older, but I am still a warrior. And my body will not grow large in laziness."

"Lexa... I was joking"

"I know" she grinned

"Are we done here now?" Clarke asked, running her hand up and down Lexa's back

"Yeah. I think we are" Lexa smiled

With that, they both took one last glance at their successes, and stood, turning and heading down the hill to find the rest of their family.

There were a few things that Clarke had never forgotten. Life works in mysterious ways. Even when all hope is lost, happiness will always find it's way to you, just as Lexa had. In the end, no matter who you are, you will always find peace. It is just the matter of waiting for it, and fighting for it, which is the hardest.

She took Lexa's hand and squeezed it tightly. She sighed happily as she glanced to the side at her.

Of course she thought I couldn't stop loving you.

__________________

Aaaand we are finally finished ladies and gents. That's the end of this series. Don't go anywhere though! There's going to be another story uploaded very soon! The first chapter is already written and ready to go!

I know this was a short chapter, but sometimes a short ending says more than a long one. I hope you guys are all happy and safe, giving the circumstances with covid-19. I get that this is a very lonely time and I'm going to give it my best shot to post more stories to keep you guys entertained. Also, if you feel like you need to chat to someone, I'm always here for you guys.

I honestly love every single one of you who have stuck by me through this series. I hope you'll follow me to the next.

Let me know if there's any mistakes, comment and tell me what you think, and don't forget to vote!

Thank you so much guys. It's been awesome

~Jayden