Chapter 15

Clarke squinted against the low sun as she aimed down her sight to magnify to distance. The battle had stretched out for hours, with like sending line after line of warriors like they were the levels of a video game. But when no more waves came, Clarke grew curious.

Down her scope, she could see Pike barking orders at a poor boy that looked as if his voice had only just dropped, the small fuzz on his upper lip providing Clarke with more evidence of his youth. The boy seemed to flinch slightly before nodding his head violently. He spun around, and ran down line after line, calling something out to the warriors who had been waiting their turn all day.

The poor boy looked dangerously near to a heart attack by the time he reached the front line, and he bent down to rest his hands on his knees. He huffed and puffed as the warriors behind him slowly turned, retreating back towards Polis, leaving their last warriors to fight alone. His head prepped up as he realised that everyone had left him behind, and he took off running to catch up with them. Clarke lowered her gun with one eyebrow firmly raised higher than the other.

After the incident at the cliff, and the fighting continued, Clarke had found herself a nice advantage point amongst the rubble which gave her cover as well as higher ground to snipe from. Sinfully, though, she found herself more often than not watching Lexa than actually shooting.

This was one of those moments. Again. She looked down the sight to watch Lexa, who took on a man with too much armour for his own good. This appeared to prove as a hassle for both him and Lexa. Another stepped up to challenge her along with 'the big metal man' as Clarke had decided to call him from the time being.

Clarke watched, the corner of her mouth rising into a small smirk as she watched her girlfriend sweep the blade in her right hand in a crescent slice. The blonde almost kicked herself as she caught herself paying too much attention to the way Lexa's bicep ultimately jumped with the muscle below the skin.

'The big metal man' lifted his sword to block the blow, but the weight of his armour cause his balance to be anywhere but where it was supposed to be, and the clash of blades sent him stumbling back, sword clattering from his hand. Lexa ducked the sword of the other warrior, sweeping metal man's his legs from below him as she did. Clarke's brows shot up. She was certainly getting a nice view of...

Lexa slammed the tip of her sword down, piercing through the thick metal of his chest plate. Her blade didn't stop until Clarke was sure it had ended up in the ground below him. His hands wrapped around the metal in panic, eyes wide and blood slowly trailing down the outside of his mouth.

The other man moved to slash at her side, but Lexa shifted just enough to avoid his sword. Lexa tipped her head, and jumped up to land a spinning kick in his head, knocking him down to his knees. She then grasped the back of his head, bringing her own knee to slam into his face. He dropped, unconscious.

That was when Lexa turned back to the metal man. Something changed in her emotions. Clarke could see in those two bright emeralds. The brunette crouched down beside him, and reached down to put her hand on his shoulder. With the way Lexa's face contorted with emotion as she spoke, no doubt softly in order to comfort the dying man. With a small, painful nod from the man, she tugged the sword from his chest, and his body went limp.

In that moment, Lexa lifted her head to look at Clarke, spotting the blonde watching her. Slowly removing the gun from her face, she looked at Lexa face on from afar. The brunette hesitated, looking down at her blood covered hands and wiping the thick liquid on her pants. She glanced around the near empty battlefield.