blooming feelings

As San made his way back to his dorm he tried to calm himself down. The last thing he wanted to do was end up getting in another fight with Wooyoung.

He himself was to blame. No one else. He knew how Hongjoong felt about Wooyoung but he disregarded his best friend's feelings and continued for his own pleasure.

Once he reentered the room he quietly found his bunk through the dark and climbed onto his bed.

"You're back" Wooyoung speaks up, startling the older. He assumed everyone was asleep since the lights were off and it was dead silent.

"Ah y-yes. Sorry if I woke you" He stutters out as he pokes his head down to look at Wooyoung.

"Nah, wasn't asleep to begin with" He responds with a small yawn.

"But you're tired?" San then lays back in his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"A little" Wooyoung replies, staring up at the top of the bunk where San layed.

"Yet you stayed awake" San raises his eyebrows in question.

"Well... I needed to know you were ok. You were gone for a while" Wooyoung shrugs even if the other couldn't see him.

"Aw" San smiles to himself before turning on his side. "You do care"

"Psh- I've always cared"

San blushes at that comment and stays quiet. Wooyoung bites his lips nervously at the silence. Did I go too far? He asks himself.

"Anyways, I don't even wanna know why you were out so late. Just try getting some sleep, we've got rehearsals early tomorrow" Wooyoung finally breaks the silence. San only grunts in response, his eyes already sliding close.

"Good night" He says and Wooyoung was caught off guard. The older had never said goodnight to him in their 2 months of living together.

"Yeah, g'night" Wooyoung replies back before also turning on his side. He slowly falls asleep to the soft snores of San who was out like a light the minute he closed his eyes.

The next morning was every level of awkward between San and Hongjoong. Since they were on the same team they basically had to see each other for most of the day. Although a lot of the awkwardness was on Hongjoong's side. He avoided both San and Wooyoung as much as he could.

It came to the point that everyone else was staring to notice that there was some tension.

"Ah- stop playing dumb. You guys have been acting weird all morning. Did you get in a fight or something?" Yeosang whines out in annoyance, finally addressing the stiff atmosphere.

"There's nothing going on Yeosang, stop being so dramatic" Hongjoong replies nonchalantly while retying his shoe laces.

"But--"

"Alright let's take a break guys. I'm kinda hungry anyways" Hongjoong cuts him off, quickly switching the topic then standing up.

Yeosang only pouts as everyone begins to walk off. Hongjoong turns to Mingi with a small smile. "Wanna grab some food with me?" He asks.

Mingi smiles in response as he picks up his bag then he glances at Wooyoung who was just about to leave the practice room, San walking by his side. "Yeah, go ahead I'll catch up with you. Just something I've gotta do first"

Hongjoong raises a brow in confusion before shrugging. "Ok, don't take too long" He warns and walks off.

Mingi then quickly jogs up to Wooyoung, stopping him abruptly. "Hey, we need to talk" He says in a serious tone. Ever since Hongjoong told him what the younger did, he's been furious. It was taking his all of his self control not to just knock him out right then and there.