we're getting better

After dinner Wooyoung and San both helped to clean up the table even though his mom insisted they go.

They were washing the dishes together. San doing the washing then passing it off to Wooyoung to rinse then his mom does the drying and returns it to it's spot in the cabinet.

"I've gotta use the bathroom" Wooyoung excuses himself briefly and San nods with a small smile.

"Just down the hall" San points towards the dark hallway and Wooyoung just smiles in amusement.

"I know" He gives a short laugh as he walks off.

San shakes his head in embarrassment when he remembers that the latter had taken a shower earlier and already knew where the bathroom was.

Once his mom hears the sound of the bathroom door closing she turns to San with a wide smile. San just looks back, his eye brows furrowed in confusion.

"What?"

"'What?' He's not like anything you described to me" She whisper shouts.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You made it seem like he's this narcissistic asshole who only cared about himself. He's so sweet. He even laughed at my jokes. No one laughs at my jokes"

San bites his bottom lip in thought. It was true, Wooyoung was definitely acting different. He isn't the same Wooyoung from KQ. He's much more nicer and interesting. San felt his walls crumble slowly the longer Wooyoung stayed.

Maybe giving him a second chance wouldn't be such a bad idea...

"I don't know. Maybe I was just angry and so I might've exaggerated a bit" He finally responds while handing her a rinsed dish to dry up.

"A bit?" She gives him a 'seriously' look and he just chuckles.

Later that night San's mom retires to her bedroom leaving the two former roommates alone in the dark living room. They were 'watching' a reality TV show but neither of them were actually watching.

San sat, legs criss crossed, on the couch while Wooyoung slumped down into the seat. Their attention on each other rather than the TV. San would side eye Wooyoung occasionally and Wooyoung played with a stray thread on the couch. He kept drifting in and out of his thoughts.

Should I try sparking conversation? Maybe I should subtly hold his hand. I should say something. I wonder what he's thinking about. God, why am I so awkward around you San?

"I've gotta get back to Seoul pretty soon" He finally speaks up, moving his head to look at the older.

"Oh" San didn't mean for his voice to come out so sad and disappointed but it did. Wooyoung smiles a bit at that.

"So then why'd you come all the way here?" San quickly adds, his cheeks flushed and red with embarrassment.

"You know why" Wooyoung laughs as he looks into the others liquid black eyes. The light from the TV flashing on it's surface.

"Yeah well remind me" San subconsciously leans forward and so does Wooyoung.

The purple haired boy just stays quiet for a few short seconds before he speaks up again. "I miss you" He says with seriousness and San gulps.

"I- I miss you too" He admits and glances at Wooyoung's lips. He wanted the kiss him again. He wanted to kiss him so badly but just didn't know if he was ready to let Wooyoung back into his life again especially after he ruined him. He promised himself that he would try and get over his former roommate but here he was, falling hard again.