Remember

"So," our English teacher changed her tone after finishing our today's theme by what she let us know she wanted our attention, "your today's work's going to be writing a quote that depicts your current mood, your emotions." Perfect. Who did devise this crap? You could a quote depict my mood? My emotions? Wait... emotions... I got it.

About ten minutes later, the teacher collected our papers, sat back to her desk and commented them somehow. I was playing with a copy of a photo I'd taken with me everywhere for three months. 

"Well, Mia," the teacher got me out of my thoughts and I lifted my head to her, "that's really interesting quote. Is it complete?" Whole class turned to me. 

"No, no," I didn't percieve them and answered like an obedient student, "the whole quote is... Problem is, though, sooner or later, physical pain, it's... it's manageable. See, real pain is emotional pain. That is the kind of pain that lasts. And if you wanna cause someone that devastating and soulcrashing emiotional pain, you don't go after him. You go after someone he loves." After saying these words and tearing off memories including the autor of this quote, I looked at Scott. He was watching me guiltily, but he reversed his head from me immediately. 

"Wow," she seemed really interested because she stood up and came to me, "that's... that's really interesting quote, Mia. Who's the author?"

I hat to chuckle. Although, now I don't know why. The answer was more sad. 

"He used to be your student," I smiled at the teacher. When I looked at Stiles and Lydia, they just turned their sights away. They knew pretty well what's gonna follow. "His name was Theo Raeken."

.

Closing my locker, I stuck. I turned my head to the right. My eyes stopped on a locker that'd still had an owner three months ago. 

A blow next to me woke me up. I turned with a yank. "Damn, Cody," I almost yelled with a sight in my smile and a hand on my heart when I saw my classmate leaning against a locker ans smiling.

"Sorry," his eyes sparkled, "I didn't mean to scare you. You know, I just..." he bent his face to the ground. I leaned against my locker with a curiosity. "You didn't seem twice as well in English," he looked back at me, "are you alright?"

 The smile disappeared from my face. My head was again filled with memories of the one who meant so much to me. 

"Mia?" Cody tilted his heat on the side when he realized I didn't percieve him. I looked at him and tried to seem normal, "what? Yeah, I'm, uhm... I'm - I'm alright. I just... never mind."

"Mia," he turned my face to his by grabbing my chin, "what happened... I'm so sorry." 

I sobbed and smiled in relief. Cody spread his arms, I came to him and mentally at the bottom let him hug me. He was stroking my back and swinging with me from side to side. Exactly like Theo. After a while, he pulled away so I could wipe my wet face into my sleeve. He offered me his elbow to grab it. I found myself laughing. But despite this, I grabbed his elbow and the two of us went out. 

Photographing was happening there. And by coincidence, Malia and Stiles'd just walked from the shooting corner. "Are you joining them?" Cody asked. I looked at him. He was smiling. "I'm joining boy's there," he beckoned to a boys table. I just gave him the smile back and he left. It was fine. Having a new friend. Someone who didn't know the real me. 

I went to Stiles. He was sitting at the table together with Malia, Lydia and Scott. I exhaled deeply, put on the most honest smile I could and came to them. "May I?" I said. All of them turned to me imcoprehensibly. "Yeah," Stiles stood up to make me some place to sit, "there you go." I sat on the table and beckoned Stiles to sit back, in front of me. He rather did so.