You Can't Take Pain If You Don't Care

"I would never hurt you, Nolan," I wheezed. "But tell others one thing." I came up to him, I even had to lift my head. He's always been taller than me. "To watch out for me."

"Hey, it's me again. I, uh, don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But it's too long. I-it's too much. And it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just… I just, I need to know everyone there with you is okay, so can you just, please, call me? Please! One call, that's all I'm asking for, and if you can't call me back then…"

The voice mail we listened to again ended. Liam took the old phone and closed it. We were in the animal clinic. Scott was leaning against a desk, Mason against second one, Theo against a door and I against a wall next to it.

"You pulled it off one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asked, turning to the boys. Frightened, I looked at him. Cool. I missed something again.

"Malia did," Liam answered.

"Yeah, there were six dead bodies, and one of them had no face," Scott explained. I thought I heard badly. Dead bodies? Six dead bodies? And one of them had no face? Yeah, that's something people get in contact with every day so why to be furious, right.

"Okay," Theo pulled away from the door and came to a counter, "so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?"

"May be," Scott was playing with the phone.

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron," Mason moved to Theo. "It took over his body, practically stole his face and his DNA. So that means so whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite."

"Which means she's just a half of the problem," Theo thought out loud. "The other half we already know about, Aaron."

"We don't know where he is, though," Liam opposed.

"Okay, hold on," Theo didn't give up. I was surprised he hadn't been tired yet. "Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? If we know about one half, let's just go for that one, that's Aaron." I still hadn't turned to them. It was nice Theo was trying. His idea wasn't even that bad. It made sense. But I was more than sure what's gonna occur.

Mason made my suppose in reality: I'm not agreeing with Theo but I do think it'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone."

"That's agreeing with Theo," Liam didn't like.

"Yeah," Mason defended himself, "but I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit."

"Oh, come on," I growled for myself.

"Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" Theo said. Fi. Na. Lly.

"No," Liam murmured, "we just don't like it."

"Only blind would fight the Anuk-ite," I said into the air.

"Maybe we're all right, maybe we should be looking for both, Aaron and the woman on the phone. I mean, since you guys agree…"

"Wait," Mason was assuring falsely, "you mean me and…"

"Him?" Theo finished it.

"Yeah," Scott confirmed, "you two, find Aaron."

"You mean you three, right?" I joined them finally and stood next to Theo. Liam just rolled his eyes. He knew pretty well what would follow. I didn't.