I've never forgotten

I beckoned him to put me on the floor. As my feet touched the ground, I turned around. Worried dad was holding mom and both of them were watching me frightened. Nolan was standing on the staircase. I moved my sight through the ground and lifted it up to Theo, who was still holding my shoulders. "We need to save Stiles."

"Mia?" Nolan came downstairs and slowly headed to us. I let Mia turn around her brother. With teary eyes she fell into his arms. "I'll take you to your room," he offered her after a while. I was just nervously standing there, so were her parents. Well I had at least a small clue about what's going on. Mia nodded. Nolan released her, then he threw her arm over his shoulders and supporting her, both of them went upstairs. My nervousness reached a critical level.

"Shouldn't we take her to a hospital?"

"NO!" I yelled as Mrs. Holloway's words hit my ears and straightened my hand to her. Regarding Mia's parents' frightened sights I immediately started thinking of some really convincing explanation. But I couldn't figure out anything. "Please..." I turned to them with my whole body, "they won't do anything in hospital. They'll send her to Eichen, that's what they'd do."

"Theo!" Nolan out of breath appeared on the staircase, "come here."

I glanced at Holloways for the last time and run upstairs, right into Mia's room. She was lying on the bed, covering her ears. She was screaming painfully, rolling from one side to another. Without thinking I hurried to the bed and took Mia's hand. I had a long-sleeved t-shirt so black veins couldn't be seen. But even after a minute I didn't feel anything and either Mia didn't seem to feel better. I rolled a dark blue sleeve up. No black lines. I let Mia go and turned at her wet face. Before I could kiss her and try the last acceptable way to get her rid of pain I could thing of, her mouth opened a little and in spite of her painful hissing, screams came out of her mouth, "Come for me! I'll join you! Come for me!" I incomprehensibly ceased her screams with my lips. I felt she's not shaking anymore. She finally calmed down. Despite I felt no pain.

"Theo..." she was watching me with her shiny eyes. I laid my palm on her face and fondled her with my thumb. "Shhhh," I kept her calm, wiping her tears off, "it's okay."

"Theo, they-"

"Mia, we will save Stiles. I promise."

"No," she started crying again, "please, don't promise."

"Mia, I promise to you that we will save Stiles."

"In that case you won't save me."

Her words shocked me. I've already had enough of this secrecy. If I was supposed to protect her, she had to tell me the truth.

I laid next to her. But something was there hurting me under my head. And that something was obviously under a pillow. I laid my hand on the bed and slowly ran it under the pillow. But Mia caught me. She didn't want me to find out what's there under my head. She lit her eyes on me. My hand went out without my permission and laid on Mia's face.

"Mia..." I whispered, "please..."

Mia closed her eyes. A tear came out of her eye. When she opened the lids again her irises were back hazel brown. So my hand decided again to do that brave act. Under the pillow it encountered something heavy, smooth and cold. I grabbed it and pulled her out on a daylight. I immediately lifted my eyes to Mia. Her eyes were glassy again. My sight slipped back down on a silver untouched gun. I stuck seeing unnoticeable green smoke coming out of a barrel. And due to this a sign engraved in it frightened me way more. Two words which meaning I was scared to know. Join us.

I got up and closed the door. Mia didn't just glance at me. She'd been watching the gun the whole time. "Mia," I folded my arms, "I require an explanation."