Being the Bait

"MIA!" I shouted from the bottom of my lungs and stamped the brake.

After violent turning and loud tire discontinuing really managed to stop. Not thinking, I opened the door. Fortunatelly, I could bent my head so an eery bullet Mia'd shot at me just passed me. I fell off the car and with a frightened face put on and loud breathing I was backing. Mia bent the gun down. She got off the car and approached me again. I could see her brown eyes were getting black. Her eyes did so, it looked like she didn't have them at all. Just two black holes. Holes filled with darkness.

The bullets were missing me one after another. I even felll one of them messed my hair. I kept receding, Mia was getting closer to me same fast.

"Mia," I stretched my hand out to her, still going back on the ground, "Mia, you're not one of 'em."

"Mia!" Liam held her hand. Mia threw him away just by waving her arm and started shooting at me again.

"Mia," Liam ran to her and began to shake with her, "wake up! Mia! MIA!"

Mia

"Mia!"

"It's okay..."

"Mia, wake up! Mia!"

"...you don't have to stop."

"MIA!"

Theo's silhouette disapeared. Liam was standing in front of me instead, shaking with me like crazy. "Oh, thank God," he embraced me and squeezed firmly, "Mia!"

I felt my right arm opened in Liam's grip and something fell of it. I shook Liam off me and looked at the ground. The Ghost Rider's gun was lying there.

My sight led to Theo who was on the ground about ten feet far from me , brathing heavily. I was lookng at me, then his eyes slipped on the gun and back on me. I was afraid I was slowly realizing what'd happened.

"What..." I asked vacantly.

"It got over you," Liam came closer to me, "you were shooting at him."

"Shit," I ran to Theo and threw myself around his neck immediately, "I... I'm really sorry, I... I'm so, so, so, so sorry, I-"

"Don't be," Theo interrupted my sobs and gripped me as strongly as possible, "I should be the one apologizing. I should have been here. I should have protected you."

"Guys..." Liam ceased this moving moment, "they're close."

I pulled away my wet face from Theo and both of us slowly got on our feet. Theo grabbed my waist and went to the car with me. We passed by the gun. I couldn't tear both my mind and my eyes away from it. I fast ripped off Theo's hold and stratched for it. But Liam was faster. "You better forget about this right now. You aren't touching that thing ever again in your life. Anyway, I'm sitting on the back seat. So if you in the back or the front, you'll be under surveillance."

I frowned at him and took the passenger seat. Theo triumphantly grinned at Liam but immediately sat behind the steering wheel. He waited for Liam to get inside and drove to the hospital.

.

We got off the car and ran to the main door immediately. But Liam stopped.

"Liam, come on," Theo said, "we don't have much of a lead on them."

Not answering, Liam got into an ambulance and turned a siren on.

"What the hell are you doing?" Theo yelled at him. He let me go and headed to turn the siren off.

"Don't!" Liam dragged him back, "don't turn it off!" He threw Theo back to me.

"You want to bring them all here?" Theo tried to get to the siren again, "every single one of them?!"