Real Monsters Are Human

The car really started and left. I was so disgusted. But I had to ignore that emotion. For me, the most important thing at that moment was that I knew my objective. I headed there instead. To Beacon Hills.

"Hey, here's Scott McCall. I'm not abailable now so-"

"Damn it!"

"Hi, you've reached Lydia Marti-"

"Fuck!"

"The party you're calling is not available. Please try to call later."

"Come on, guys!"

I couldn't reach anyone. No one was answering my calls. No one was answering my texts. But I didn't alow myself to think the hunters coulf get them.

I lost the kidnappers' car at the cinema in New York so I couldn't follow it. The only thing I could do was just going to Beacon Hills and solve it by myself somehow.

I didn't know where Scott was. I didn't know where were Lydia, Malia, Stiles. That's why I took a 'certain way'.

I parked the black car on the parking lot on front of the Beacon Hills High. People weren't gathering around me, they were at school.

It was a break, despite the hallway was relatively empty.

"Don't you know where Liam Dunbar is?" I was asking people I met. No one answered. They just looked at me frightened and left.

I finally encountered the reason of an amount of students in the hallway. The rest of school was creating a crowd at one of the classrooms. And I felt incredibely relieved when I saw Mason in there. "Mason!" I shouted at him. He turned to me, so did a couple of other students.

"Mia," he went in my direction, "what are you doing here?"

"Looking for Theo. They took him. I need your help."

"Well... first you'll have to help us." He dragged me into the crowd since I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Nolan!" I yelled at my brother.  He and Gabe were beating up some boy.

"Mia..." Nolan turned to me, "what are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What the hell are you doing! Why are you-" I stuck. I recognized the victim of Nolan's and Gabe's raging in spite of that blood. I knew him way too well.

"What the hell is going on?!" coach started yelling as he got to my brother through the crowd. He grabbed Nolan's and Gabe's collars, "Get to the principal's office. NOW!"

People in the crowd stepped back so they could leave.

"Liam..." I ran to the bloody face as fast as I could get to him.

"Mia..." Liam whispered. He rolled over and started caughing blood.

"What the hell is this?" coach browsed the whole crowd, "Get out! ALL OF YOU! I can't stand looking at your faces!"

I got on my knees and took Liam's hand. He was wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt and I had Theo's sweatshirt so black vains weren't seen.

"You're back," Liam finally sat and smiled slightly. I didn't know how to reply. I let his hand go and hugged him. I felt a tear coming off my eye.

"What happened anyway?" I helped him get getting on his feet, Mason supported him from the other side.

"Nolan and Gabe beaten him up," Mason answered.

"Thanks. I haven't noticed. But why? What did you do, Liam? And why didn't you defend yourself?"

"Will you take care of him?" coach asked with kind of upset and concerned voice. Corey nodded, so coach left. Just the four of us left there.