Now or never

What Mia said, she really did. It had been a few years since the Anuk-ite was defeated and she really did cut all the contacts with everyone from Scott's pack. Well... Okay, let's be honest. There was someone.

I had promised Liam I would help him with his anger issued after all. And I kept my promise. I went to Beacon Hills every full moon, sometimes he came to me. And those were the moments Mia met him. I didn't mind him that much anymore. Since every time I got out of anger on him so we were cool.

During those few months, Mia had also met with Mason and Corey a couple of times, I think. But that's all. No Lydia. No Scott. No Stiles.

"You really wanna do that?" Liam asked me again which was just making me way more nervous. We were sitting in a pub near to our student apartment where Liam and I encountered every time he had a match in New York or when he simply had time. We kind of became best friends. Mia even sometimes called us 'Thiam'. She said it's just shorter than still saying 'Theo and Liam'.

"You're really not helping," I sighed and accepted back a brown box. While I was hiding it into my pocket, Liam sipped his beer. "Although you are finally adult so I don't have to buy it for you, I don't get how you can drink it."

"First, I can't get drunk. And second... I just like it, okay?"

My eyes narrowed and I shook my head. I put my clenched hands on the table and bent my nervous face. I sighed loudly.

"Calm down. You've been preparing for it for, like... half a year? You have no reason to be nervous."

"Can't you support me somehow?" I went on him. My nerves were about to crack.

"Okay, okay. Close your eyes."

"What?"

"You wanted psychic support? You did. SO shut up and close your eyes."

"Sometimes I really don't get your thought processes, Dunbar."

"Neither do I. For example, I keep wondering when did I get on such a bottom I'm in a pub with you."

"Liam!" I yelled and banged my fists on the table. A couple of people even turned to us. 

"Jeez, calm down. And close your eyes finally."

"Okay," I wheezed, bent my face to the table and closed my eyes. I focused on sounds. I perceived the surroundings. Glass ringing, happy laughter, conversations.

"Ehm, ehm," Liam cleared his throat and I started regretting I asked him for help, "so-" His phone rang. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He just chuckled on the text. He glanced at me and returned his sight to the phone; when he realized I was looking at him, he gave me his delightful smile. "Mia."

"Mia what?" I asked after a few seconds he was silent. I wasn't far from killing him with my sight.

Liam looked down on the phone again. "She says: 'Liam, I know you love Thoe with your whole heart and all these shits but please, remember he's still my boyfriend so please, be that nice and make sure there's still some love left for me. Thanks."

I couldn't do anything but smile.

"By the way," he continued since his phone vibrated again, "if the two of you are doing something behind my back, please, tell Theo to let me know as early as he can. I really don't feel like knowing my boyfriend is gay and dating our best friend from someone else. Thank you again."

This time, I chuckled. And it took a lot of my strength to avoid laughing like crazy so the whole pub would know. Fuck, I love her so much.

"How much does this girl love you?"