Promise?

"I can" he smiled and kissed me, "and I am," he whispered into my ear and his lips began to fill my neck with gentle kisses.

We were lying on the back seats. Respectively Theo was lying on them, I was lying on him. None of us said a word. While Theo was silently stroking my hair, I still had to think about the Anuk-ite memory. My mind couldn't decide who to trust. Who knows. Maybe even this moment is just part of Theo's plan to get to Scott.

With every other stroke, I felt relief. He was with me. He loved me. But with every other feeling his breath on my neck, anger and disbelief went through my body. Despite all. He was a liar and a murderer.

"What's going on?" he asked suddenly. I didn't just move. "Mia? What's going on?"

"Nothing," I wheezed.

"Mia..." he leaned against his elbows by which he practically forced me to roll over on my stomach, lean against my hands and face his reproachful sight.

"Just wondering about that Nolan situation."

"That's not true and you know that," his face went serious. "What are you thinking about?"

I chuckled. "You."

"And that's why I can feel such anger from you?"

I averted my eyes from him and laid on him again. 

"Mia-"

"I don't wanna talk about it," I stopped him upset.

"Please..."

"Theo, no!" 

I realized the anger inside me just went above the surface. Theo held my hands and put them on my stomach. His right thumb fondled my hand. It calmed me down. And the peak was when he kissed my hair.

"I'm going to get some fresh air," I decided eventually. Theo let me go, I got up and left the car. I folded my arms, walking here and there.

Oh, Mia, you are so stupid. What did you do again.

Who knows what he'd do if I stayed there!

Uhm, nothing? Just yesterday you slept with him. And you didn't mind. See? When you're with him, the world is suddenly such a nice place.

Yeah, unless he kills me.

Mia! Wake the hell up! You're the only person he's got.

Yeah. And who's fault is it.

About five minutes later, Theo got off the car and went to sit behind the steering wheel. "Scott called," he looked at me, "we need to get him some time. And also save Liam and the others from..." he exhaled, "just make sure they're okay."

I didn't like the pause he did. But what could I do. I nodded and took the passenger seat.

.

"All right," we stopped right after we entered the hospital, "where now?"

"I think we should split."

"Mia-"

"Theo, we'll split. End."

In spite of huge disagreement, he nodded. His hand held mine and he kissed me. "Be careful."

"Don't worry."

"I mean it. Don't fight. Don't risk. Although you should sacrifice someone, rather save your own ass."

"Theo-"

"Promise me," worried Theo raised his voice.

"Okay. I promise I won't fight."

He smiled for the last time, slowly let my hand go and went to an elevator while I went into the hallway. No one was there. Not just a living soul to be seen.