I'll be like him

The Rider lifted up the gun. It was touching my forehead. But instead of me disappearing, he was gone. Something fell into my lap. I opened my wet eyes. His gun was lying in my lap. It seemed not touched at all. No filth, scratches or fingerprints. I went over the gun surface with my hand. I turned it around to examine it from the other side. In calligraphy, two words were engraved into the barrel. Words I was scared of. They made me stuck. I didn't even want to think about their meaning. Join us.

"Mia," my brother came into my room and stopped in front of my bed, "get the hell up already! I'm not gonna drag you out of there!"

"Don't you get that I can't?"

"And why?"

"You wouldn't get it."

"Oh," he sighed, "thanks then."

And at this moment, I realized it. I threw the blanket away and jumped around Nolan's neck.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," he didn't understand but hugged me back anyway, "what's going on?"

Breathing heavily, I grabbed his shoulders and pulled away from him. "Where the hell have you been?" I went crazy. 

It took him a while to comprehend, "Maybe if you had at least gotten out of your room for a while since the lacrosse game or lifted your head up in the hallway instead of that constant gazing at the floor, you'd have seen me. Besides - where should have I been?"

"Never mind," I waved with my hand tired and yawned. I came to my wardrobe and wanted to change my clothes. I'd already grabbed a hem of my pyjamas t-shirt when Nolan approached me. He took a leather jacket that had been hanging in my room and began to examine. "Considering that it's been here, like, forever, you haven't worn it once at all. I even don't remember when have you bought it."

With tears in my eyes, I stretched for it but Nolan stopped me with his free hand. He straighened the second hand with the jacket as far from me as possible. "Why do you buy boy's stuff anyway?"

I stopped trying, turned my back to my brother and took my t-shirt down. "Could you please put that jacket away," I asked him through my sobs, "and give me that clothes from over the chair?" In the mirror, I saw him noticing there's something wrong with me. He carefully laid the jacket on the bed and really gave me my clothes. I threw it on the floor and found a bra in it. Nolan couldn't tear sight from the jacket. 

I was putting the second shoulder strap on when Nolan assumed he got it. "It's not yours, is it?"

I bent for a t-shirt and prepared to wear it.

"It's his."

I stopped choosing a shirt. Tears as big as pearls were leaving my eyes. Nolan came to me and hugged me from the back. I caught his hand on my chest. "I'm sorry," he whispered into my ear. I just smiled. Nolan kissed my head and left. He was a real brother. Those day the only person at school I was willing talking to. Yes, it was my brother, but at that moment he was my best friend.

Wait a minute. This couldn't mean anything good. They took me Stiles. Thy took me Cody. They could take me Nolan, too.

Realizing this, I turned to my bed and took the Ghost Rider's gun from under my pillow. I hid it into my bag, changed the rest of my clothes and ran downstairs.

.

Unfortunely, my disaproportionate desire for loneliness got back up to me when I came too early to Biology class and all seats were free. But I couldn't go away yet. I took one of those free seats and waited who'd be the one satisfying me with his presence.

Unfortunately again, it was Scott. I hadn't even lifted my head up from my opened book.

"Mia," Scott whispered when the class started, "you can't ignore us forever. And now it's urgent."

I'm glad you're back |2| (Theo Raeken FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें