This Is the End?

"Agent Rogers, FBI," the man showed us his golden badge, "in the name of the law, you're both arrested now."

"What?" both Mike and Nell yanked. I turned around to take a look at them while Theo just looked in the rearview mirror. Our descendants were sitting with their jaws dropped. Now only Nell continued: "So they arrested you? But that's crap! Both of you've worked for them for years!"

"No one said it was easy," Theo took the word. He was focusing his eyes back on the road, though. "They even didn't let me get dressed, they simply put handcuffs our wrists and took us out. I'll tell you, those students watching weren't twice as pleasant. And due to the policemen had come with two cars, they split us. And we practically didn't know about each other since then."

"And why did they arrest you anyway?"Mike asked.

"Well, that's not so simple. As we arrived at the police station, they took me to an interrogation room. And Rogers sat opposite of me. He was watching me with disgust the whole time. I laid my bound hands on a table, I was getting pretty cold. I was there practically wearing only trousers. He simply told me that one of their workers had convinced them plenty of times that I had killed Tracy Stewart, Josh Diaz, and..." He swallowed. "Tara. Of course, he didn't say who had told them so. And I couldn't think about anyone. Where could they know it from. To be honest... your mother and I still don't know it.

Anyway. Unfortunately for them, they had no verifiable proof. But they said I had had a motive or something so they put me behind bars. But they at least gave me some clothes."

"But that's bullshit!" Nella raised her voice. Theo exhaled and gripped the steering wheel more tightly. Every time he remembers Tara he's full of anger, regret, and nervousness at the same time.

"And you, mom?" Mike asked. "Why did they arrest you?"

"Before they even got to question me, I spent some time in a holding cell. I was nervous. I had no idea what was going on. I was shortening the time by listening to surrounding dialogues. And I kind of felt relieved when I heard Theo. He was shouting. He wanted to know what they did to me. That he hadn't done anything and neither did I at all. I didn't know what he was talking about. And I didn't have an opportunity to get to know it. A woman came to me, she took me to an interrogation room. I was more than sure Theo was right behind the wall. I heard him breathing heavily.

Rogers appeared in the doors. He came to me without waiting and unlocked the handcuffs. I didn't understand but I didn't let him know. First, he apologized for arresting me but that they'd kind of be afraid what I'd do to him. I understood less and less. 

'I know what you are,' he leaned to me and whispered. I remember how my heartbeat raised. He simply told me he knew I was a werewolf. After a long time, I admit, of convincing and all possible proofs I eventually really did admit I was a werewolf. I didn't plan to explain to him what's a Chimera.

He simply told me he wanted me. That I'd be such a big benefit for them. I asked him what would happen if I didn't agree. I still remember his words. And every time I recall them, I have goosebumps.

Although we were alone in the room, he stood up and came up to me. He bent and whispered into my ear: 'With us or against us.' And he's repeated it so many times over the years I've been working for him. Obviously, I agreed. He gave me a week to move to a new house he practically gave to me and simply let me go. I tried to find out something about Theo. Rogers didn't tell me anything, neither did anyone else, they just sent me away. I tried to convince myself they'd taken him from the same reason they'd taken me. But something inside of me was saying Theo wasn't all right. That it was bad with him.

It had been six days. Six days since they arrested us. Six days since they let me go. Six days since Theo purposed me. Six days since they practically tore us apart.