Prologue

The annoying beeping sound rang in my ears, making me groan. My hand searched for the sound, pushing the unnecessary items off my desk. I felt the plastic object in my grasp, before my fingers traced across the board. I pressed whatever button and the sound stopped. I sighed in relief, before prying my eyes open. The unbearable light blinded me, making me close my eyes again and bury my face into the soft pillow.

Why does the sun have to be so bright?

Weakly, I pushed myself into a sitting position and stretched. I felt my bones pop and crack, making me satisfied. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the dark room.

My eyes landed on the clock that sat on my desktop.

7:10 am

Realization hit me.

I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. I picked whatever outfit and strip off my pajamas. I quickly changed into said outfit and combed through my knotted hair. Managing to fix it, I forced a gray beanie on and snatched my iPod before darting out the room. I stumbled down the stairs and grabbed my bag.

"Jen! Breakfast is ready!" My mother called out, the aroma of pancakes hitting my nostrils. My stomach growled, a groan arupting from my throat.

"Thanks but no thanks!" I ran into the kitchen and simply grabbed an apple. I pressed a quick kiss on my mother's cheek. "I'm late!" I gritted the apple in between my teeth as I shoved on my converses.

"Have a good--" her words were cut short as I slammed the door shut behind me. I kicked my skateboard down onto the ground and began to roll down the path.

....

I yawned, walking down the crowded hallway. Students bumped my shoulder and chatted on there way to there lockers. I ignored everyone and went to mine. Spinning the lock, I yank it open. I shoved my unnecessary books into the small locker and snatched my skateboard. There was suddenly a loud smack beside the locker.

"Hello Jennifer," Eren cooed. I looked over, staring into his dark eyes. A smirk was plaster across his dumb face.

"Don't call me that," I muttered, slamming the locker shut. His smirk only grew.

"Alright, but I'll only call you Jen if you go out with me." The offer made me scoff in disgust.

"In your dreams," I said, pushing through the huge crowd. He followed behind me like a desperate dog.

"Come on!" I felt his tight grip on my elbow. "You'll enjoy it."

"Hell. No," I spat, yanking my arm away from him and forced the school doors open.

The gash of air exploded in my face, the aroma of wood filling my nostrils.

"Jen!"

I dropped my skateboard onto the ground and began to skate down the road.

My destination was downtown. Which was a pretty long way but oh well. As long as I was away from the people I know.

....

I pushed the door open and dropped my bag at the doorway. Huffing and kicking off my shoes, I heard unfamiliar voices in the kitchen. I marched down the hall and into the kitchen.

Two unfimilar couple sat across from my parents. The woman had dyed cherry hair, with dark eyes. Her red framed glasses were nearly covering most of her face, some wrinkles dented onto her forehead. She looked over at me and smiled, her gray teeth in view.

The man beside her had pitch black hair, with a few wrinkles on his face. A large frown was printed on his face, but when he noticed me, it quickly changed into a large smile.