Chapter 30

When I wake up, my eyes are crusty with dried up tears from me falling asleep crying. Luckily though, my migraine has reduced to a minor headache. I check my phone. Based on the time, it's a half hour after school was let out. I have three missed calls from Grayson and seven unread text messages. Four from Grayson, one from Marisa, and one from Jess and one from Alex.

Grayson🥵
Today 7:16AM

Grayson🥵:I would've ran
after you but a teacher
caught me. Are you ok?

Grayson🥵: I promise I will
find out who did this just
please don't do anything
stupid.

Grayson🥵: I'll come over after
school.

Today 11:08AM

Grayson🥵: Please respond.
You're making me nervous.

Marisa
Today 7:50AM

Marisa: Are you okay?
I'm gonna beat the shit
out of whoever did this
to you guys!😤😤😤

Jess
Today 12:53PM

Jess: Are you alright?
Marisa and I took down
all of the pictures
before class.

Alex
Today 8:10AM

Alex: Are you okay?
Preston will come around

I sigh, not wanting to respond to anyone. Before I can shut off my phone, another text message pops up.

Grayson🥵
Today 3:04PM

Grayson🥵: Unlock your
front door.

Confused, I look up from my tear stained pillow and glance out my window. Sure enough, Grayson's car is parked right outside. Sighing, I get up and make my way downstairs. When I open the front door, my boyfriend shuts it behind him then pulls me into his arms. My crying starts up again and I grip onto the side of Grayson's shirt, burying my face in his chest.

He rubs my back soothingly and after a while of him holding me, I calm down. Grayson kisses my forehead then pulls back, before guiding me to the couch in my tv room.

"I'm so sorry, Reid," Grayson says giving me a sympathetic look as he wipes my cheeks.

"Why? Did you print those pictures of us and scatter them around the school?"

"What? No! I would never do that to you!" He says, appalled.

I can't help but chuckle at his reaction. I grab his hands and intertwine our fingers. "I know. So why are you apologizing?"

"Because I've been through something like this before and know what it can do to you. And, I hate seeing that pained look in your beautiful eyes," he tells me with his hands cupping my face. "We'll figure out who did this and I'll beat their ass."

I move his hands gently off my face. "Thank you, but I don't need you getting expelled over me."

"I wouldn't care."

"Well, I would!" I snap at him. "I need you by my side! How can you expect me to go through school tomorrow without you?!" I shout angrily.

Grayson smiles even though I practically yelled at him. I roll my eyes.