Chapter 10

My plan was to ignore Grayson Clarke. In class and lunch, I'll be friendly to him, but other than that, I won't initiate any conversations with him nor will I walk to classes with him. It'll be easier to get rid of the sinful feeling I have towards him. Plus, I'm sure what I'm going through is a phase because of my lack of girlfriends. I'm probably just infatuated with Grayson, nothing more.

My heart is just confused.

Although oddly enough, ignoring Grayson was easier than I had anticipated. It was almost like Grayson was helping me out.

Grayson hasn't tried flirting with me all day or at least checked me out in that obvious way he does to me. I know I shouldn't care, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

It wasn't even just the non-flirting, Grayson went as far as not speaking to me. The first-period class was weird. Grayson looked like he was going to say something to me at one point, but he never did. Then I was going to say something but changed my mind. And then at Lunch, he sat a foot away from me! What was that about?

Crazy how I met him six days ago and him ignoring me for half a school day already bothers me. He's not supposed to ignore me. I'm the one ignoring him. So why is he being like this?

Right now, I had five minutes until seventh period with Grayson. I'm at my locker, glancing around the hallways for no one when Alyssa walks up to me.

"Hey," she smiles at me, moving her brown, long hair behind her ear to expose her four piercings.

"Hey," I return the smile before putting a book in my locker and shutting it. "What's up?" That's when I see him; Grayson Clarke. He is walking across the hallway with Alex.

Suddenly I hear Alyssa's voice go up an octave and I realize she asked me a question. Oops.

I shake my head, riding it of Grayson, "I'm sorry, what?" I ask as I refocus on her.

She giggles nervously, "Um, I was just thinking we all should go see that new Marvel movie? This weekend? On Saturday?"

"Oh for sure, I'd be up for a movie. What do the others think?"

"I don't know, I haven't asked them yet, but I know McKenna is free and I think Preston said—"

I make eye contact with Grayson for the longest two seconds of my life before returning my attention to Alyssa. "Actually," I cut her off. What better way to get over some than to go out with someone else? "What if it's just us two?"

Alyssa blushes and looks surprised I'd even suggest such a thing. "Us two? As in a—"

"Date. What do you think?"

"I'd love to go out with you!" Alyssa says quickly with her big wide eyes sparkling with excitement. I'm sure if I weren't here and MaKenna was, she'd be squealing right now.

"Awesome," I say. "Did you look at all the times for the movies?"

"Yeah," she pulls out her phone and swipes over it for a few seconds before saying, "there are times at 4:05, 6:30, 7:15, 9:00. So...?" She looks back up at me.

"So Saturday at like 7:15?" I questioned. "I can pick you up."

"Perfect!" She chirps right as Alex and Grayson come up to us. Although, I have a feeling Alex wanted to see us more so than Grayson considering he's avoiding eye contact with me.

"Unfortunately, nothing Reid does is perfect," Alex quips as he claps my right shoulder. Alyssa laughs as I shrug Alex's hand off of me with the roll of my eyes.

"You never know, maybe he'll be the perfect date!" Oh God, did she really just say that in front of Grayson and Alex?

"Date?" Grayson asks, his expression unreadable.