Chapter 34

⚠️TW⚠️

Peter is sitting on the couch with Angie asleep in his lap when I walk inside. "Mom and dad are home already?" I question in a whisper to not wake my sister, and take a seat on the La-Z-Boy. "I saw their car outside," I state.

"Yeah, um, they came home early because, um" He looks around nervously then wakes up Angie. She's hardly awake as Peter tells her to go to her bedroom. She mumbles something, grabs her baby blanket then slowly goes upstairs to her room.

When she's out of eyesight, I ask, "What the hell is going on? Why are you acting weird?"

"Reid," he starts off cautiously looking like he's about to tell me that one of our family members died. That's exactly how Grayson looked at me before informing me that the whole school knows about my relationship with him. Oh shit.

"What?" I ask getting suddenly very nervous, sitting at the edge of my seat. My palms start to sweat, so I wipe them on my thighs over and over. My mouth feels drier than a desert.

Please don't tell me what I know you're about to tell me.

"They know about you and Grayson," he states giving me that God awful, stupid, fucking sympathetic look on his face. That facial expression is all I've been seeing these past two days, and seeing it on my brother makes me sick to my stomach.

"Wha- what? What?" I repeat in a panic. "How? How do they know?"

Peter opens his mouth to speak, but our father cuts him off with a frightening tone as he enters the TV room with my mother following. "Where were you?" My dad demands an answer from me.

I stand up quickly at the sound of his voice and try not to piss myself. "I- I was at school. Sorry I'm a little late to get home," I apologize. Late because I was sucking my boyfriend's dick in the men's bathroom.

"Who just dropped you off?" He asks in a challenging way, daring me to lie to him.

I try to swallow the lump in my throat. "My friend," I answer vaguely. If my parents found out by someone telling them, then I can still deny it. My word against theirs, and I will deny it till my face is blue. If my parents have evidence, however, then... I'm fucked.

This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening.

He nods, "Friend, huh?" Then he pulls something out of his pocket, unfolds it then holds it up to me. It's a picture of me and Grayson in Grayson's car. This one's different than the one posted in school.

This isn't happening.

The photo is us in the back seat of my boyfriend's car. You can't see Grayson's face; his back is to the camera, his head in between my legs, one hand on my thigh, the other helping him with the task one can assume he's performing on me. My face in the photograph is lustful and my left hand is in his hair while my right is lifting my shirt up just enough for Grayson.

I've never felt so exposed in my entire life. I feel physically sick, so I close my mouth- that had dropped to the floor when the picture was first revealed to me- to keep me from throwing up.

So, the person who took these pictures was really trying to destroy my life. Well, they succeeded. My life is over now.

"Is this the friend you're talking about?" My father condescendingly questions. My mother's sobbing silently into her hands.

"I can explain," I say in a panic, stepping closer to them.

"Explain? There's no need to explain when I can see what's happening in this picture!" He screams causing both my younger brother and I to flinch. "Which someone graciously left for me in the mailbox this morning. How long has this been going on, and don't you dare lie to me!"