Chapter 33

The rest of the day actually wasn't too bad with Colton gone. Yeah, there were still people who gave me a disgusted look or spat out hateful words to me, but I just ignored them.

As the last period bell rang, I go to my locker and try not to focus on the horrible word that was faded, but still noticeable. I sigh and open my locker, stuffing the textbooks I don't need into it.

"Hey," Grayson walks up to me with his killer smile.

After shutting my locker shut, I look around the hallway real fast to make sure no one is watching then grab Grayson's shirt and pull him into a quick kiss.

"What was that for?" my boyfriend asks when we break apart but my hands don't let go of his shirt.

I smile shyly at him, "I just really needed to kiss you."

Grayson's smile warms my heart and all seems well in the world.

"Reid!" Someone shouts. Startled, I turn and see my brother running up to me. He stops when he reaches us. "Where the hell have you been?! You weren't at school yesterday, you weren't at home last night, and you didn't show up in the morning! Do you know how worried I've been?"

I almost roll my eyes. "You don't have to worry, I'm fine."

"Well when I see hundreds of pictures around the school of my brother and his boyfriend kissing in a car and don't hear from you in over twenty-four hours, I start to freak out! Jesus, Reid! And you know I couldn't contact you cause my phone got taken away!"

Mom found a condom in Peter's trash can and grounded him, granting him a week with no phone. Plus, the unforgettable, firm talk about how sex is sacred and for after marriage only. Blah, blah, blah.

"I know, I know," I sigh. "I'm sorry. But please don't ever bring those photos up to me again. It was traumatizing," I shiver at the horrid thought.

"Do you know who did it?" Peter asks wildly, looking bewildered.

"No—"

"But I'm gonna' find out," Grayson steps in.

"I can't believe someone would do that to you," Peter says, shaking his head. "Like honestly, what psychopath would creep on you guys like that, then print out so many—"

"Stop talking about it. I'm actually going to throw up," I announce, and Grayson rubs my back in comfort.

"Right. Sorry," my brother utters, scratching the back of his neck. Then he looks over my shoulder at the faded word on my locker before pushing me and Grayson out of the way. "What the fuck?! Who did this?!" Peter exclaims, drawing attention from the students scattered in the hall.

"Shut up," I seethe through gritted teeth right as Grayson says, "Colton."

I hit my boyfriend in the arm. "What?" He questions. Does neither of them understand that I never want to think nor talk about the shity things that have happened to me in the past forty-eight hours?

"Colton? Is that, that super homophobic guy you told me about?" Peter says in utter disgust.

I nod while Grayson confirms with a "yup."

"Where is he? I'm about to beat his ass," my brother threatens.

If I wasn't annoyed right know, I would have laughed at the thought of my scrawny, sixteen-year-old brother trying to beat up Colton Rivers.

"Where have you been?" Grayson asks my brother. "He's been suspended for vandalizing Reid's locker and for getting into a fight with Preston."

"What?! When did this happen?!" Peter asks incredulously.