Two Souls

Nothing is more true, more real, than the primeval magnetic disturbances that two souls communicate to one another, through the tiny sparks, of a moment's glance.

"...and finally she told me she knew who I was. She's given me a place to stay. Food to eat and a steady job. Clothes, a roof. She's given me anything and everything I've needed. Rosè and you make me believe the world isn't shit after all." Jennie says with a soft smile. Gi nods with a grin, and looks down.

"I wouldn't consider myself to be a good person. The things I've done...Rosè seems like a decent girl. You should always remember her. Be sure to tell her thank you, from me. For taking care of my sweet girl."

Gi said. Jennie nodded and looked down. "Something else troubling you?" Gi asked concerned.
"Rosè is the sweetest person I've ever met. But there's a different side to her. She took me to a street fighting competition for females. Towards the end, it looked like some bad people showed up. People with money, not honestly made either."

"No. Why didn't you tell me this before?! You made this girl seem good and yet she's taking you to places like those?! Nothing good comes from any of that. The money spent and gambled by those people is money made by drugs, killing, prostitution and who knows what else. I took your life sentence away so you could live a better life. An honest one. Rosè has given you everything yet she's increasing the chances of you losing it all. Or worse, your life. You will stay away from her Jennie."

Gi's tone was filled with anger and a motherly worry. Jennie intercepted before Gi could say another word.

"I saw someone." Gi stopped and looked at her through the glass. Jennie took a deep breath. "It was a girl. She made me feel...she made me feel something. When I saw her, my heart fluttered and my stomach turned with butterflies. When we locked eyes, the troubles of my past disappeared. I only thought of her...I only thought of us. She was beyond beautiful, and I don't know how I feel about all of this. The next event is tonight. I need to speak to her."

Jennie looked at Gi, almost bracing for the angry lashes of words she was about to receive.
"I was in love once." Gi said softly with a sigh. To Jennie's surprise, it was calm and humble.

"I loved a man. He was my absolute world, and I was his. We came from two different lives. He was just a small restaurant owner, innocent as they came and I was head of my own crime syndicate, owning half of the underworld in south Korea. We met by accident one night. I decided to take a walk, had to clear my head. And I happened to pass by a small, rundown looking place. And there he was, wiping down the empty tables. I felt something when I saw him. Almost what you described when you saw that girl. This happened and that happened, and I was finally ready to give up my life of crime. For him. But as it turns out you can't just up and leave a life like that. The past creeped up on me, and some old enemies of mine shot him in his own restaurant. After dealing with the ones responsible, and realizing the one thing that gave life meaning had been taken away from me, I decided to turn myself in. Admit everything I've done, and let fate deal with me."

Jennie was saddened. She had never heard this story until now. She had no idea what to say, so she stayed silent.

"I met our friendly guard. Turned out during my crime days I helped his family. He recognized me and gave me good treatment. He also asked if I knew you when you appeared on the news. My point in all of this? Go. Go and talk with this girl. Love is a beautiful entity and should be cherished when found. But I want you to make a promise to me. Should anything happen between you two, I want you and her out of the underworld. It's a horrible place, where the good go in and never come back out. Travel, settle down somewhere. Just live honest lives. Is that understood? Promise me Jennie."