For Us

Jennie woke up. The bright sun shining in made it seem like it never rained last night. Jennie sat up slowly, looking around.

It all felt like a dream to her, but being in Lisa's apartment gave her the satisfaction that none of it was a dream.

She went to the bathroom to wash her face, all while working up the courage to knock on Lisa's door. It being ten in the morning Jennie was sure she'd be awake by now.

Jennie knocked twice softly. "Lisa." No answer. She knocked again. "Lisa. I don't what happened last night, but if it was my fault we can talk about it. Just, I need to know what's bothering you. Please. I don't know how I would be able to help you, but I would find a way. For you, I'd always find a way."

Jennie sighed as she was met with silence again. She started to question, there's no way whatever Lisa was mad at, that she would just ignore her the next day completely.

She tried for the handle and it turned completely. "Lisa?" Jennie said slowly opening the door. She didn't know if she was mad or sad to find that Lisa wasn't even there.

She looked around the empty room. A small twin bed with a pillow and blanket in the corner, and a closet with some hung up clothes. She shut the door.

"Why would she up and leave like that?" Jennie asked out loud. She went to the couch and put her shoes on, ready to leave. "There's has to be a reason." Jennie convinced herself.

Before she opened the front door she saw a note, taped to the peep hole. The note she didn't noticed when she woke up. It read:

"Here's the spare key to the apartment. Lock up when you leave and slide the key under the door."

Jennie tried not get upset but she felt anger creeping up. "Why is she being this way all of a sudden?" She took a deep breath. "You barely met her. You can't get upset." Jennie kept thinking to herself.

She got the key and left, locking the front door. She stared at the silver key, deciding if she was going to keep hold of it, or just slide it under the door.

After a minute, she put the key in her pocket and left down the hallway. She grabbed her phone that Rosè had gotten her around when they first met and dialed her.

When Jennie stepped outside the street's were almost lively again, people and sunlight while the cars splashed last night's puddles.

"Rosè, can you pick me up? I'll tell you everything that happened. I'll text you the street address. Thanks, love you too." Jennie said in a somewhat bitter tone.

Jennie stood against the building and waited. Within a few minutes Rosè had arrived and picked her up.

"Hey. So? What happened?" Rosè asked smiling. Jennie sighed. "I don't know myself."

"I met her in an alley. It was a whole thing of not trusting me. Whatever happened and she invited me to her place before I left. I accepted of course, we talked a little in her apartment, and then..." Jennie paused.

She smiled and looked down, as if she just relived the night before all over again. "...and then she pulled me towards her and kissed me."

"Yes. Sounds like a success." Rosè congratulated. "Why the disappointed tone over the phone?"

"Well, things started to get really good and she just stopped. She said she couldn't anymore and got me off of her."

"It can't be that simple."

"It's not. Before she went in her room, she told me it wasn't my fault. And she was gonna tell me something else, but she ended up closing the door. Then this morning, I wanted to talk to her about it, and found out she wasn't even home. She left the spare key and a note on the door that said lock up and slide the key under the door."