The Birth Of A Demon

November 9th, 1996.
Kyotanabe, Kyoto, Japan.
Tanabe Central Hospital.

A father held his wife's hand; her grip was painfully tight as she screamed and pushed with her remaining lifespan. Out came a newly born baby covered in blood, crying it's first tears.

The father notices his wife isn't breathing anymore. Doctors rush in to save the woman; for hours on end they continued different procedures, trying to resuscitate her.

In the bitter end, the woman passed away while giving birth to a beautiful baby girl. Hirai Momo.

Hirai's father wanted a son all along, to uphold his business legacy. When he found out his first child would be female, he was sorely disappointed.

But his wife made him swear to love Hirai. To take care of her if something ever happened; it did and he was forced to act on a promise even he knew he couldn't keep.

After everything was finished, the father finally took Hirai home. He looked at her asleep, debating if he should give her up for adoption.

It wouldn't have been so bad if his wife was still alive, they could've tried for a son. But Hirai killed his wife. He wanted to believe it wasn't her fault but he couldn't.

He mostly left her at a daycare while he was at work. The rest of the time he left her with his mother, who loved Hirai unconditionally. Years passed, he would visit every so often and sometimes would go months without seeing her.

Hirai turned ten years old. He decided he would take her in finally. He would train her in fighting, and possibly to take over his business one day.

"Longer Hirai!" The father yelled. Hirai was doing a handstand on her knuckles. She had been in this position for ten minutes straight in the blazing heat.

And yet, it wasn't good enough for her father. Nothing was ever good enough for her father. He pushed her past her breaking point everyday.

She fumbled to the ground, she was drenched in sweat while her knuckles were in pain and her muscles shook from soreness. The father shook his head and walked back in the house.

During their fight training, he never took it easy on Momo. His blocking and stometimes hits were more aggressive than they should've been with a little girl.

Hirai went to a local school. She was rather awkward and it was tough making any friends at all. Hirai usually stuck by herself, and was made fun of it by the popular girls.

She grew to fourteen. She finally found out what emotion was. And she became familiar with one in particular. Anger.

She started to hate her father. He never held a conversation with her, made her training painfully brutal and ignored her birthdays all together. The only person she loved was her grandmother.

Hirai always asked what happened to her mother. Her grandmother tried to hide the fact for so long, but Hirai knew something was up. When she found out she cried, and realized that's why her father hated her.

Hirai threw a quick right jab, almost nailing her father directly in the nose. He was faster, he sidestep and pulled her arm past him while holding his leg out. Tripping her as she rolled and fell to the ground roughly.

"Not fast enough." He said disappointed.

Hirai sat up, in pain by the scratches the ground gave her when she fell. She felt hot tears fill her face. "Not fast enough." Hirai said out of anger. "Not strong enough. Not smart enough. Is anything that I do enough?"

"That's not my fault..."

"It's not my fault either!" Hirai screamed, looking up. Her father stood shocked. "I know why you hate me. It wasn't my fault that mother died! And it wasn't my fault I wasn't born a boy. Why do you take everything out on me?"