Chapter Four

Monday 19 November, dawn, Land of Seven Winters.

Their frightened eyes tried to catch mine as I kept my hands locking their throats. They were trying to gasp for air but at each breath, they were getting closer to their beckoning deaths. These were Dhor's parents, my best friend's parents. He always complained about them. I was just doing him a favour.

"A-Azalea, pl-please let go o-of us," spluttered Dhor's mother, trying to release herself from my grasp with her desperate nails.

But the ice spread up swiftly her neck with no mercy. It was exhilarating to watch because it was almost beautiful, like a silver necklace of ice, fitting itself around her. She choked, trying to escape it.

"Y-you started the virus, didn't you?" blamed Dhor's father, but he was already looking lifeless.

I smirked, digging my talons into their throats until the ice coiled itself around them in three thick layers. They froze, stiff, eyes wide open and I saw the fear. The beautiful fear that was my reward for doing all this killing after ten years...

"No. You're wrrrong Mr Rrrrophal," I began as he wheezed underneath the mask of ice, about to give up to death, "I am the virrrus."

Then I dropped the two dead bodies as blood foamed out of their mouths, filling up the space left with the hard ice. Disgusting.

I felt tired. I always felt so tired after killing people... I hurried away from the scene in hope to quickly catch some sleep...