Chapter Twenty-Six

Tuesday 20 March, dawn. Land of Never-Ending Autumn.

"Azalea! Snap out of it, your little sister is still asleep! Don't do this. We don't favour her over you, you're both equally special to us!" mother pleaded as I neared her with cold eyes. 

The white dress, lined with streams of blood dragged itself behind me... I brought my long, bony finger to my lips, menacingly shushing her. 

"Quiet now. we wouldn't want to wake herr, would we?" I grinned wickedly. 

I watched my mother tremble in fear, staring at me with eyes that made me feel like I wasn't her 13-year-old daughter... Mother was alarmed, daunted by me... Father cowered at the other end of the room where I had tossed him after he attempted to hit me with an empty vase. 

"Stop, sweetheart...w-we love you...," he tried consoling, sounding unsure. 

I scoffed, looking at him then threw my head back in laughter. 

"You tried to kill me with a vase! A VASE!" I screeched, making them imply more panic as they peered over to the door, probably expecting to see an alarmed Sinh there. 

The young version of me flaunted her long, blood-stained dress. 

"Want to be my first guinea pigs? You'd help me quite a bit and I'm sick of eating little birds all the time," I smirked, provoking them with my extended fangs. 

I watched my mother force hard and bitter fear down her throat as she struggled to speak. That was the only answer I needed. Her fear alone could fill me with great pleasure...

***

I finally managed to escape it. It was no dream but a memory! I was sweating profusely, breathing heavily as I spotted the dawn from my unclosed curtains. It was morning. Great. I felt something sharp poking at me, like the thin edges of sandpaper. I sat up, still in shock as I realised that there was another two pages tucked beneath me, one a letter and the other, a detailed drawing of a demon. This time, something scrambled up my mind as I saw the resemblance in us. How did the person get in to put it under me without my knowledge? That sounds stupid, it isn't even hard math anymore... I examined the drawing. It was clearly of me, except not me but the girl I had seen in my dream, brutally killing my parents. It was a slender, pale figure with strange eyes — white pupils and cold, blue irises. She was grinning like a devious fox as she bared her long, blood-dripping fangs. In fact, she was overspread with blood. Her lengthy, flowing, white dress was sewn in a traditional style and again had blood dripping from it. My eyes were then instantly lured by the bells in her impossibly long, white hair. Tied on the finest strands were...bells...golden bells that I swear I must have seen before...

I wiped away my dotted sweat, holding the letter up properly. At the top, it read: Final Epiphany. I shivered even though I was intensely sweating. Was it actually the final one? I forced myself to read it after noting that it had no secret message after I raised it to the sunlight.

Verily, I am on the bitter edge of giving up on my selfish dream.

I should have valued him, he's a good person. I always knew he was.

Hand me in and let's end this thing we both call "ours" together. You and me.

It's boring when you die all alone so I'll guide your way.

I'll speak the truth about all of this.

I will smile and say: yes I was the bad guy of my own story.