One: Mature

"Mr. Kim? Are you ready for your meeting with the new group?"

"Yeah, give me a second to finish printing their paperwork and I will be right into the conference room. Let the others know I'm on my way."

"Yes, sir."

"And Youngmi?"

"Sir?"

"No more 'Sir' or 'Mr. Kim.' I told you to call me Taehyung."

"I'm sorry, S—Taehyung. I'll let Presidents and Director know you are on your way."

With that, my faithful assistant of three years scurried out the door. I grinned as I clicked the final buttons on my computer to print the files I needed. Youngmi is a professional, I knew she would never informalize our workplace relationship by calling me by my first name, regardless of my daily requests.

I stood from my desk and strode over to my printer, stretching my arms above my head as I did so. My body was definitely feeling stiff. Today has required more sitting at my desk than most. The record label I work for, of which I serve as Vice President of the company, just signed an up and coming K-Pop boy group and since I led the acquisition, it meant I had to take the brunt of paperwork.

As the contracts I needed printed, I smoothed out my silk dress shirt and tousled my fluffy golden hair to make sure I looked presentable for our conference. Grabbing up the papers, I left my glass-front, modern designed office and walked to the end of the hallway where the conference room was.

Already in the room were the co-owners and presidents of the record label, Min Yoongi and Kim Namjoon, along with the company's executive director, Kim Seokjin, Jin for short. They were talking with the seven young men who were to be the newest group to our label along with their manager.

"Gentleman," my deep voice boomed across the room as I smiled widely before bowing to everyone, "It's nice to finally have us all here."

"Mr. Kim," the group's manager beamed at me as I took the last empty seat around the large conference table, "It is great to see you again."

"Likewise, Miss Go," I nodded in response, "Shall we get started making this official?"

The boys looked incredibly excited. All of their mouths hung open like eager puppies and their eyes bugged as if they were going to explode from their sockets.

"Let's do this!" one of the young raven haired boys whooped, the rest of them following with a cheer.

I chuckled before turning the session over to Jin to re-explain the terms and conditions of their contracts with our label. I admired their excitement and enthusiasm and appreciated how they felt free to express themselves in front of their new 'bosses,' Yoongi, Namjoon, Jin, and I. This wasn't traditional behavior in the high-profile business of managing idols, but conventional methods were not our style.

Our office space was intentionally relaxed and casual. It was not filled with formalities and uptight executives having to meet the unreachable standards of an illustrious company representing celebrities, and that was the exact intention of Yoongi and Namjoon when they founded the company. They did not want to fit the standard mold, but rather stand out among the record labels who held their artists to impossible standards they could never live up to.

And damn, did it work.

Namjoon and Yoongi's label rose quickly, soon becoming one of the most sought-after reps for up and coming artists in all of South Korea. The company soon grew large enough the two owners had to bring in help, which was when they appointed me as second in command and Jin as executive director just below me.