Eight: Assistant

Holy shit! Over 650 reads? I'm shocked and super happy. 

Thanks, Little Loves!

{unedited}

*:.。.:*・★・*:.。.:*

"Babygirl, it's time to get up," I sing as I shake my little awake.

She whines in response and attempts to burry herself deeper under the covers.

"Oh, no you don't, little one," I chuckle while I hook my hands under her biceps and pull her back out from the sheets.

"But don't wanna!" she complains as she slumps into a sitting position.

"I know you aren't little right now so a tantrum isn't going to work."

She sticks out her bottom lip in a dramatic pout. I can't help smiling at her adorable attitude and give her chin a tap with my forefinger.

"I was wondering if you wanted to start you first day of work today," I propose.

Her eyes widen instantly, "T-Today?"

"What do you think about that, hm?" I ask while stroking a lock of her messy hair.

"Are you sure?" she questions nervously.

"Of course," I reply. Honestly, this was my first day working since becoming her caretaker and I just wanted her with me.

"O-Okay," she nods nervously, but I see a glint of excitement behind her eyes.

"C'mon," I pat her cheek, "Get yourself ready and when you are done come down for breakfast."

After she shifts from her bed and heads into her bathroom, I make my way out of her room and downstairs to the dining area. Everyone is already up and eating their breakfast, including Jungkook and Jimin who are clad in their favorite onsies messy morning hair.

"So is she coming with us today?" Namjoon asks me as he assists Jimin by pouring him more apples juice.

"She is," I nod and begin fixing myself a bowl of porridge.

"I can't believe you have a little who talked you into letting her work," Yoongi scoffs as I take my first bite.

"I didn't lether. She wants to do it, I'm not going to tell her no," I send him a warning glance.

"Well, I'm excited to have her at the office," Jin pipes up, "I think she's going to be a little ray of sunshine in our stressful days."

All of the adults around the table agree to the eldest's sentiments, but the littles look confused.

Jimin looks at Jin with concern in his big puppy-dog eyes, "Why d-doesn't Chimmie n' K-Kookie work?"

"Because you don't have to work, sweetie," Jin replies while placing a hand on the younger's cheek.

"B-But why n-not, Daddy?"

"Do you either of you want to get up early, dress in uncomfortable fancy pants, and be big all day?" the caretaker asks and both littles' noses instantly scrunch in disgust.

"No!" they declare in unison.

"Well, that's why you and Kookie don't work," Jin smiles at them as they finally nod in understanding.

In the background of all the banter, I hear the patter of my little girl coming down the stairs. I turn around quickly to greet her, pleased with how quickly she was able to fix herself up for work, but quickly stop when I see her.