Eighteen: Fête

Readers, how long has it been since I told you I love and appreciate you? Because I love you sooo much!

Thank you all for being patient for this update. I was on vacation in Iceland for a week and a half. It was amazing!

{unedited}

*:.。.:*・★・*:.。.:*

I didn't tell my hyungs about the text I'd received from Baekhyun.

I also didn't tell them about any of the sequential texts I've received every day this week.

***

Monday:

Hi, Daddy

I miss you

***

Tuesday:

Daddy, please answer

I know you miss your babyboy

***

Wednesday:

Please, don't ignore me

I understand if you're still angry, but please just talk to me

***

Thursday:

I'm so sorry for the things I said when I left

I really didn't mean it

***

The whole situation has me stressed beyond belief, but it shouldn't.

What I should have done is roll my eyes, text Baekhyun back to tell him to leave me alone, then block his number.

... But I didn't.

I indeed am annoyed, and a little bit pissed, that he is trying to communicate with me out of the blue. Calling me Daddy and himself my Babyboy. But I still haven't blocked his texts. Why? I'm sure there is a long, complicated reason for it, but I don't want to deal with it right now.

I am relying on good ol' fashioned denial to help get me through the anxiety of keeping this hidden from everyone I live with. Because, although I haven't told my hyungs about Beakhyun contacting me, there is someone else who is the last person in the world I want finding out about these messages—

"TaeTae, do you have a minute?" a soft knock and melodic voice asks from my doorway.

And there she is.

I grit my teeth into the most convincing smile I can muster, "Sure, sweetheart. What do you need?"

My little girl prances into the room and right over to my desk. She perches on the edge before dropping down a massive binder in front of me.

"So," she starts, flipping through the meticulously labeled file, "Everything seems to be in order for Jackson's party tomorrow. The caterers, decorators, entertainment, and venue are finalized and ready to go. I just finished my meeting with the event staff to discuss the final details..."

As she walks me through the latest information for our company's next big event, I notice how she anxiously nibbles on her bottom lip. Even though she has the party thoroughly planned out, I could tell she was second-guessing herself.

"Baby, calm down," I place a hand on her knee, "Everything looks great. There's no reason to worry."

She looks at me, eyes wide and apprehensive, "I just want everything to be perfect. I can't handle if something goes wrong and I let you down—"