Nineteen: Blocked

Omg my notifications are blowing up over this book. This story and I couldn't feel more loved.

Also, thank you to everyone who comments. It is very entertaining and makes my day.

{unedited}

*:.。.:*・★・*:.。.:*

I didn't touch my little girl when we arrived home from the party.

She was hurt, I could tell. Confused as to why I had been so affectionate during the celebration, but immediately removed once she came back from the restroom. But she didn't say a word. Not one word. Not a single complaint.

She just quietly sat in the car on the ride home. Quietly went upstairs when we got home and went directly to take a shower. And finally, quietly laid down in a pair of her tiny shorts and one of my soft knit sweaters with her back to me. Not a word was uttered from her sweet little lips.

And it stung my heart. It really did. Knowing all the while, despite how silent she was, she was screaming inside her head, wondering what she did wrong. When she's done nothing wrong.

It was me. It was all my fault.

Fuck, I'm such a stupid asshole, I think myself as I stare up at the ceiling. My suit still on from when we'd arrived home around two in the morning.

I look to my side to see my little girl now facing me after subtly spinning in a full circle on her side of the mattress within the past two hours of sleep. She looks to precious, like a little sleeping angel. Her face smushed against the pillow and the soft sound of breathing escaping her parted lips.

Brining up my hand, I delicately trace the pad of my finger across every ridge of her face. The apples of her cheeks, the bridge of her nose, the barely noticeable dimple of her chin. She stirs slightly, letting out a small hum as she nuzzles her cheek into my palm in her sleep.

I stare on in awe. She's absolute perfection. Like my every dream come to life.

"Why am I so worried about Beakhyun when I have you?" I whisper to myself before chuckling lowly, "When will I get the courage to say how in love with you I am?"

At that very moment I make a decision. An action I should have done a week ago.

Sitting up as carefully as I can, I grab my phone off my nightstand. Swiping to the home screen, I open my messages. I take a deep breath as my thumb hovers over Baekhyun's last text to me.

This is what I need to do. For my little girl.

I quickly open the message and type my first and only reply to my former little/boyfriend:

***

Me

I'm sorry, but our relationship is over

We need to move on with our lives

Please don't contact me anymore

***

After the message is sent, I block the boy's number and an immediate wave of relief washes over me. I just rejected my past to focus on my future. The future, which is the girl cuddled up in my bed wearing my sweater right now.

Smiling, proud of myself, I stand quickly to remove the suit jacket, belt, and uncomfortable dress shoes that I'm still wearing from the party. I set them all down gently onto the floor to avoid any loud clanging noises before peeling the bed sheets back to crawl underneath. Shimming right up against my little, I pull her into my arms.

She whines slightly, eyes regretfully blinking open hazily, "T-TaeTae?"

"Shh, it's just me, baby," I assure her, rubbing my hand soothingly on her back.