{ 6 | Faith }

The elevator doors shut and his perfectly sculpted face disappeared from my view. I sighed. This boy makes my heart race in ways it shouldn't. I cannot be attracted to him. But, his smile and dark blue eyes are gorgeous. He was about to show me his abs, but the little view I did get? God, was he sculpted by God himself?

The only thing stopping me from actually liking him is the fact that Alyson hates him. I can't be with someone she doesn't like. She hated Nick from the start and look to where that got us. Plus, she said Colton is a man-whore. Again, no thank you. Why can't he be a regular guy that just wants a relationship for all the right reasons?

Faith, no, stop. You came here to learn and get away from your past. You do not need to be pining over a boy that probably isn't pining over you. You need to focus on school and figure out what you are majoring in. I groaned, now i'm talking to myself.

"Hey babe!" I turned and saw Alyson as I walked into our room. She was sitting on her bed with her computer in front of her.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I asked her. I have class in twenty minutes and needed to grab my notebook. I was copying down notes earlier and forgot to place it back into my backpack.

"It got cancelled. So, i'll just meet you at the cafe later." She told me. I raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you were trying to get out of it because of Colton?" I asked. She shrugged. I felt myself smiling. I'd get to see the blue eyed Adonis again.

"Stop it Faith." Alyson ordered. I frowned. "He's bad news."

"What are you talking about?" I said. I faked confusion. Now that I know Aly doesn't like him, I can't tell her about him. She would just continue to tell me he sleeps with everyone.

"Cut the crap Faith. I know you like him. He isn't who you think he is. Ashwood sleeps around. He'a known for sleeping with Reagan, the senator's daughter. I just don't want you to get hurt." Faith told me. I sighed. I can't help but feel like he's different. Like he'll change when he meets the right girl. Maybe i'm that girl.

"Aly, can we just be friends with him. He doesn't seem that bad." I told her. She sighed in defeat.

"And that's what this lunch is for. Justin wants us all to hangout, because he wants us to get along. Something about not having his best friend and favorite cousin hating each other. I don't know." Alyson said before turning back to her laptop. I sighed.

"Alright, I guess i'll see you at lunch then." I said turning on my heel. I was about to open the door when Aly called something out.

"Faith, I just want you to be happy. And if being around him does, then fine. But, the moment he breaks your heart or turns into a Nick, he's dead." She said. I turned around and smiled at her.

"That's all I ask for." I said before stepping into the hallway. I shut the door, a grin plastered on my face. Today is turning out to be a good day.

-

The birds were chirping and the sun was shining. Everything seemed much brighter and happier. I was in a good mood from my talk with Alyson but that only increased when my math teacher passed back our quiz. I scored a perfect score. Everything was finally beginning to turn around for me. No more Nick. No more gossipy town and no more timid, shy Faith.

One of the reasons I decided to come to California was to learn how to live. I was always that shy girl who didn't want to be noticed. That all changed when I met Nick. I was thrown into this wild lifestyle that I hated from the start, but being here in California, makes me want to try it all again but on my terms. I want to live the college lifestyle. I want to learn how to have fun.