{ 25 | Colton }

Life has a crazy way of turning your life upside down. For one, I never thought I'd be here, right now with her. It never crossed my mind that I may be giving up the life I once yearned for, for something entirely different. The last thing I ever expected to happen was for me to start feeling that word.

That L word.

Love.

L. O. V. E.

Everyone has this picture of what love is supposed to be. It's supposed to be warm and happy. It makes you want to live and wake up everyday. It makes you feel wanted, needed! It makes you understand that when you have the right person in life, everything is going to be okay. That you will be able to conquer anything that crosses paths with you. That you will get through it if you have the right person on your side.

This was why I love Faith.

Hearing those words made my heart grow even more than I thought it ever would. This girl had changed my life for the better and now I can truly say i'm happy. Even though my life at home was a mess, I knew I had Faith with me to help me through it all.

This semester had changed me so much that I don't even think i'm the same guy anymore. I used to only care about the hottest girls and the wildest parties. My only thought was which girl I'd be going home with tonight. I was the best soccer player and no one was ever going to compete with me, except maybe my dad. But, now that I moved away from my old life and found the greatest person I have ever met, I am finally becoming the man I want to be. The man I need to be.

I never thought that being in college would affect me. I was expecting to keep being the same person. Partying until the sun comes up and playing soccer until I become professional, just like my dad. It never crossed my mind that being here was going to be the best revelation i've ever had. It definitely wasn't on my bucket list to find love, yet, here we were and I was the happiest guy alive.

"What are you thinking of?" She asked me. I subconsciously found myself smiling, just hearing her. She literally was my world.

"Just thinking." I responded without looking at her. I smirked, knowing she was rolling her eyes at me.

"Thinking about what?" She tried again. I turned to look at her and saw the curiosity in her blue eyes.

"About how much my life has changed. How I never thought i'd be sitting right here, with the girl I love." I replied. I heard her gasp.

After she told me she loved me last night, I didn't say it back. She was drunk and happy, but I wanted her to remember me saying it back. So, we just went to bed, ignoring the party that was happening right below us. I wasn't into getting drunk anymore. I was fine with just being with her. It was the best night of my life, just having her in my arms. I only hoped this would be us for the rest of our lives.

"You- you- you love me?" Faith asked in shock as she stuttered to get the words out. I moved my whole body towards her, seeing her blue eyes shine even brighter with happiness. This girl had my whole heart and more.

"Yes Faith, I love you." I stated. Her smile widened to the biggest one I have ever seen. I walked over to her, sitting beside her. We were in the living room, watching some reality tv show as everyone else nursed their hangover. We were down here as I cared for Faith's own hangover. Note to self, do not let Faith get drunk ever again. She's adorable but I like the sober Faith that questions everything more than the drunk Faith that just giggles at everything.

"I love you too Colton." She replied above a whisper. I closed my eyes ready to connect my lips to hers, but was met with hands instead. I opened my eyes, confused and also slightly disgusted. "No. I have been puking all day. You are not kissing me."

"Babe." I whined. That was all I wanted to do with the girl I love. That word was never going to get old.

"No Colton. Now, will you make me an iced coffee instead please?" She said batting her lashes as she extended the -ease in please. I let out a long sigh. I couldn't say no to her even though she just said it to me. I got up and made my way into the kitchen, running into Justin. He looked like a disaster. His hair was pointing in different directions while his eyes had dark bags underneath them. This was a new look on him. I was not used to hungover Justin. Actually, I don't think I have ever even seen a drunk Justin.

"Party hard last night?" I asked him. He gave me a blank look while going for a cup of coffee. I made it earlier, knowing they were all going to need it. For once, I was glad I didn't get drunk.

"I can't remember anything. The last memory I have is dealing with your bullshit." He stated. My happy smile quickly slid off my face. I sighed. There goes my happy mood.

"Thanks for reminding me. How am I supposed to tell Faith I need to go home when I just told her I love her?" I asked. Justin shrugged. He sipped his black coffee.

"If she loves you, she'll understand. Now, congratulations. You finally told her how whipped you are?" He joked. I let out a loud laugh. He slapped his hand over my mouth. "Dude, you are making my head pound even more."

"Ew. Get your hand off me." I said swapping them off my face. I still smiled. This feeling was never going to go away.

"Dude, whatever you do. Just make sure it's what makes you happy." Justin told me. I sighed. This next decision was definitely going to impact my life. I just hoped I would make the right decision. As much as I didn't want to go home and deal with my mom's demands, I needed to be in the same place as her to finally sort through this.

"I know but I don't think I can move onto the next chapter without closing that one." I said. I grabbed a tall glass and filled it with ice. I then poured in some coffee and creamer. I plopped a metal straw in it.

"Dude, your mom is livid at you. Before Faith, she was the only girl you ever loved. You are going to have to fix that relationship before you can truly move on with Faith." He reminded me. I groaned. Why can't my mom just be happy that I am finally finding a purpose besides adding to my body count?

"Just let me have the next day before I tell her." I said in defeat. Justin opened his mouth right before I watched his eyes go wide.

"Tell who what?" I heard Faith question. Shit.

~~~~~~~~~

So it's been eight months. I rewrote this chapter soooo many times and nothing ever seemed right or enough. Even this seems too short, but I needed to get an update up and let y'all know i'm back!!!
I'm officially done with my bachelors degree. I was set to graduate today but Covid-19 had a different plan.
Anyway, I now have time to write and read on here, so expect more updates on Friday's!
Until next week,
xoxo,
Liv814