{ 22 | Faith }

Taking in a deep breath, I felt at ease. My eyes were closed as the rest of my senses took in my surroundings. The salty smell invaded my nose. The seagulls and crashing waves filled my ears and the ocean breeze prickled my skin. The sand was in between my toes. The only thing missing was taste, which i'm sure it would be salty.

I giggled at my own thoughts as I opened my eyes. I couldn't believe I was in Malibu. Th beach was exactly like I saw online, yet it was even better. I didn't think i'd ever want to leave. This was certainly different than Bluebell.

"It's amazing. Isn't it?" Aly asked. We had dropped our things of at the Kershaw mansion, which it really was. There were so many rooms and everything was luxurious. I was in awe at how wealthy Justin was. He didn't flaunt it, so I never would have believed it without seeing it with my own eyes.

We then had a driver drop us off here at the beach. I was glad I had changed into shorts and sandals. Feeling the sand in between my toes was a sensation I didn't know I needed to know.

"Can we go get food?" Wes asked. Aly and I both turned to look at Wes. He shrugged.

"Justin and Colton should be here soon." Aly said with a sigh. My smile turned into a frown. When we arrived at the house, Colton walked away. Apparently his mother had called. I hadn't seen him since.

Justin had gone after him. Mrs. Kershaw then showed us to our designated rooms. The boys still had not returned. Aly then suggested we go see the beach before getting food. Justin then called and said they'd meet us later. We hadn't heard from them since.

"Do you think Colton is alright?" I asked my beat friend. She didn't reply but smiled brightly.

"Let's go to the board walk!" She said, ignoring my question. She grabbed my hand and pulled me. Wes only shook his head and followed behind.

I was in awe as to how different this part of California was. People were a lot more outgoing in their personalities. Some where dressed like the models in Hollister outfits while others wore things that looked like they came from Hot Topic or Tillys. There were even a few people wearing costumes as if it were their everyday clothes. I saw a Batman riding a bike with a dog dressed as Robin.

"I missed it here." Wes mentioned. Aly and I turned to look at him. "What? My family has come here on vacation. I was here during the summer and let me tell you the girls here are - "

"The girls are what?" Aly asked. Her blue eyes had narrowed at her boyfriend. I still didn't believe they were together together. They had been hanging out ever since Wes and I 'broke up'. One random day, Wes came knocking on our door asking if his girlfriend was home. I freaked out and that's when he told me he had asked her out.

Aly had then come home and I yelled for a solid minute on how she didn't inform me of her new relationship. I then asked her for all the details on how it happened. She was blushing and giggling the entire time. It was adorable.

"Hey! There's Justin." Wes said. Aly and I turned around and saw him and my boyfriend. Justin seemed happier was Colton only had a frown on his face. I suddenly had this bad feeling in my stomach. "We're over here."

Justin's eyes widened as he saw Wes waving. Colton then looked up. His blue eyes held an emotion I had never really seen before: disappointment. I was worried now. Something must have happened with the phone call he had with his mother.

He had never really talked about her before. Actually, we never talked about family. I told him about my mother and absentee father, but he never really explained his situation. I just knew his mom was some powerful CEO while his dad played professional soccer.