{ 13 | Colton }

Being nineteen, almost twenty, I imagined that i'd be living my best life at college. I mean I was filthy rich and good looking. I was supposed to be the star of the soccer team, scoring goals left and right. Being the best, would have me surrounded by girls, wishing to date me. I would entertain them all, not caring if I was hurting someone else's feelings. Living without regrets was my only goal for college, yet that all had changed.

I wasn't sure if was ready for that change. Hell, I didn't want change. I wanted to continue my routine, of basking in the glory and the girls. I wanted to continue having fun, not caring about the consequences, yet hearing those words caused some spark in my brain to change my original plan.

"Oh for God's sake Ashwood. She was trying to make you jealous." Alyson blurted. I blinked. Did I hear her correctly? Why was she trying to make me jealous? Why would I be jealous?

"What?" I repeated.

"I swear your friend is an idiot." Alyson said to Justin in annoyance. Justin nodded, making me frown. What a great best friend he is.

"I like you Colton." Faith said. "I really like you."

I sat there, frozen. Never in a million years did I expect her to say that. Actually, I never expected anyone to say that. I wasn't here to make anyone fall for me. All these so called "relationships" I have with girls are a one time thing. Although, I did mess around with Reagan a lot, it got me into clubs and parties. Plus, she knew how to have fun. I guess I was only "with" her because I got stuff out of it. And not because I actually loved her.

"I mean yeah we're friends." I found my mouth replying to her confession. I inwardly groaned. I'm pretty sure that's not what she meant by liking me. I watched as Alyson shook her head. Faith just sat there. She seemed stunned. "I mean - "

I was caught off by the waiter. I took in a breath. What the actual hell just happened? We went from being fine to an awkward atmosphere surrounding us. I shouldn't have come to lunch. I should have kept ignoring her. I would have been fine not knowing about her and Wes.

"Hi! I'm Druw. I'll be your waiter. What can I get you all to drink?" He said. He seemed familiar. I probably had some class with him.

"May I have a lemonade please?" Alyson answered first. The waiter nodded before looking at Justin.

"Coke for me." Justin said. He nodded, turning to me.

"Water." I stated. The waiter's eyes than landed on Faith. They widened in surprise as a smile morphed onto his face. I frowned.

"Hey Faith!" Druw said. Faith smiled back.

"Hey. I didn't know you worked here." She commented. I watched as they interacted. They seemed like friends and that left a bile taste in my mouth.

"I just started a few days ago. It's been good so far and now, knowing that you come here, and it's even better." Druw said. I felt my eyes narrowing at him. What is this pompus brown haired, hazel eye jerk doing?

Faith giggled, blushing. She looked down at her lap, silently shaking her head. My fingers curled into a fist. For some unknown reason, I wanted him to leave and never come back. He'd look just fine with a black eye.

"Did you want something to drink babe?" My voice said. Faith's eyes snapped to mine in surprise.

"I'll take a Sprite please." Faith said. Her eyes stayed on mine. I felt Druw's gaze on us. He then nodded, walking away. "What was that Colton?"

"Yeah, what was that?" Alyson asked. The girls were watching me, waiting for me to answer. I shrugged.

"I don't know. That guy was giving me bad vibes." I said, looking away. The cafe was kind of empty, with a few people sitting in booths and doing homework. It seemed like we were the only people actually getting food.